Quit smoking.? -

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Quit smoking.? -


So I-ve decided to quit smoking... but I want to do it without the patch or the gum. I-ve already started running when I feel the need to smoke, but I can-t do that during school. Are there any other hints about how to quit smoking without using the patch? I already know I-m going to be incredibly moody becuase I-ve tried doing this before, but I-m set on quitting this time.
It-s good that you have decided to quit young, the longer you leave it the harder it will be. I started smoking at 13 and am quitting now at the age of 21, when I think back I think it would have been much easier at 17.

Couldn-t you buy patches or something with the money you
have saved from not buying cigarettes? I use a product called Nicabate Lozenges, they are working great. It is hard to concentrate when you are quitting cold turkey and craving a smoke, this is a bit of a problem since you are at school. The first week is the worst...maybe you should try doing it when you have a week off school. Anyway, you could start by doing a google search, there are many tips and online support out there.

Let your friends know you are quitting so they go easy on you when you go a bit crazy, I-m sure they-ll understand. Anyway, good luck...just remember that cravings are only temporary and will eventually pass. The really strong cravings last about 5 minutes at a time, just try to do some deep breathing and relax during these times...easier said than done I know. There are so many tips I could go on all day, just look at some of the many websites on this topic.

Anyway, good luck...you won-t regret quitting. I feel a lot healthier after only one week without a smoke...and probably smell a lot nicer too lol.

Oh by the way, don-t replace cigarettes with candy or any other food for that matter...that is why so many people put on weight while quitting. If you want to quit smoking to improve your health eating a bunch of candy defeats the purpose...
I started smoking when I was 17, I-m now 66 and just quit last September 23 when I had a heart attack, caused by smoking.
I-m sorry I ever started, spent thousands of dollars on tobacco-quit now while you-re young.
Just think of the clothes you can buy with the money you save, you won-t smell of smoke when you meet a new guy. Take the money you would spend on a pack of cigarettes and put it in a jar or something, then splurge.

geri
Hey,
I think that you have to actually want to quit smoking. I-m 17 too. And I just quit smoking. I was smoking about a pack ever two days. Honestly, just think about what is in ciggs. Here are just some of the ingredients.

Ammonia: Household cleaner
Angelica root extract: Known to cause cancer in animals
Arsenic: Used in rat poisons
Benzene: Used in making dyes, synthetic rubber
Butane: Gas; used in lighter fluid
Carbon monoxide: Poisonous gas
Cadmium: Used in batteries
Cyanide: Deadly poison
DDT: A banned insecticide
Ethyl Furoate: Causes liver damage in animals
Lead: Poisonous in high doses
Formaldehiyde: Used to preserve dead specimens
Methoprene: Insecticide
Megastigmatrienone: Chemical naturally found in grapefruit juice
Maltitol: Sweetener for diabetics
Napthalene: Ingredient in mothballs
Methyl isocyanate: Its accidental release killed 2000 people in Bhopal, India in 1984
Polonium: Cancer-causing radioactive element

This and the fact that I need to be a good role model for my baby got me to quit. Good luck. You can do it.
I know you are against the patch and the gum, how about the pill?? Have you heard of Chantix? It is a stop smoking pill. I smoked 1 1/2 packs per day and was able to quit in 1 month. Most insurances will cover it, and if not it runs about $135 for a 1 month supply which pales in comparison to the cost of cigarettes!!

Hope this helps!!

Holly R.N
You may want to check with local hospitals or clinics to see if they offer hypnosis to help quit smoking. A co-worker of mine was skeptical, but he tried it and after ONE SESSION he put the cigarettes down and hasn-t picked them up since. He-s been smoke-free for over three years. The good news is most health care coverage plans will cover most or all of the cost for hypnosis to quit smoking. Worth looking into.
Stop smoking patch by Nicocure - The all nautral stop smoking aid works fast to cut cravings and help you quit smoking
easily.Nicocure patch from Quit Smoking Benefit can help you kick your habit in 30 days or less.

http://pharmacy-online.tk
In the Search for questions slot type in -quit smoking- and you will get at least 6,590 results.
Quit smoking.? -