How can I quit smoking when all my friends do and I like to drink socially on the weekends? -

Thursday, July 28, 2005

How can I quit smoking when all my friends do and I like to drink socially on the weekends? -


I am 30 years old and have been a smoker for fifteen years, I actually enjoy it and do not want to give up my friends or drinking, but I know I need to quit Help!
If your thirty you shouldve learned self control, and a little bit of mind over matter. YOU are mentally fixated on the experience so for now your are doomed. YOU need to change your mental view of the habbit and make a decision to quit! for good!

You will not give up your friends........... or they arent real friends, and you can still drink!

weakness leaving the body!
The fact that your peers and drinking buddies and that you drink has NOTHING to do with quitting smoking. That is a cop out. IF you RE ALLY and TRULY want to stop.....stop. Trust me, there is NO easy way to stop smoking. Nicotine is one of the most addictive drugs around. It won-t be easy BUT you CAN do it. Good luck. Pops
i know it may be hard but dont smoke in your house and if people come over just tell them that you are trying to quit and ask them to poiltely to smoke outside...if your friends are good friends then they will understand and be behind you all the way...even when you are hanging out on the weekends...they should respect your decision...you might want to lay off the drinking for a little until you get used to not smoking because after drinking you are more prone to not think about it and smoke.
If your smoking right now throw it out. my mom and dad have been smoker for 23 something years my mom has been smoking sense she was 12. i find her cigarettes and crush them all and throw them in the garbage. you should do the same thing just say no.don-t do it i have bad habits that are bad for me but not anymore find good hobbies that you like to do instead of smoking. buy mints they are the same thing as cigarettes but there good for you. i know all this because i looked it all up because i want my parents to quit so badly. just stop simple as that don-t buy them easy as that
How can I quit smoking when all my friends do and I like to drink socially on the weekends? -