How did you successfully quit smoking? How long have you been free of cigs amp; how long did it take? -

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

How did you successfully quit smoking? How long have you been free of cigs amp; how long did it take? -


I-m a smoker for 15 years - I-m only 28.
There is a machine - I don-t know what it-s called, where you smoke for one week - whenever you want, and you push a button and the computer records when you smoked.

Then next week, an alarm will go off periodically - when it does, you go smoke a cigarette whether you want one or not. It will decrease in frequency over time but keep the level of nicotine steady so there-s little or no withdrawal.

Also, change your habits - carry a pen in your hand, don-t hang out with your smoking friends at smoking places, break the habit portion of smoking as well.
I smoked up to 3 packs of Camel cigarettes a day for 25 years.
I quit in 1990 and haven-t had or wanted another one since.
The real answer is you absolutely have to make a choice that you will not change or break. Once that is made, make a plan, it doesn-t have to include a specific date to quit. I got the Nicorette gum 2 months in advance and decided one day to quit. I chewed the 2 weeks worth of gum in 3 days and switched to Juicy Fruit for the next three months.
it really isnt you that smokes its the ciggarett, I once quit cold turkey for 1 year . cold turkey is the best way in my opinion.
I started smoking at 15, I-m 30 now and I quit last September. I used the nicotene gum for a few months and it seemed to help.
Take a look at pictures of smokers- lungs. Visit a person dying of emphysema or lung cancer.
first start smoking lighter cigs.
after a week make it less in the number of the cigs u smoke a day.after a week make taht one day after the other and then stop smoking for ever.remember being with the freinds u smoked with or being in the places u used to smoke there can get u back to smoking.
The Lord delivered me of my addiction to cigarettes last Sept. I had smoked for 16 years.
How did you successfully quit smoking? How long have you been free of cigs amp; how long did it take? -