How long should I quit smoking to pass a nicotine urinalysis? -

Thursday, July 21, 2005

How long should I quit smoking to pass a nicotine urinalysis? -


I-ve been an on-and-off, primarily social smoker for four years. (At my worst I smoke 1/2 pack in one day). My parents are renewing a life insurance policy they have on me and I have a blood and urine test next Monday. I don-t do any illegal drugs but I believe they-re testing for nicotine too. I had a few cigs at the bar last night and threw the rest out. If I don-t smoke before Monday, will I be all right? Any detox tips? What if I-m around second-hand smoke in the meantime?
Having just quit smoking, I can answer this question with certainty. It takes up to 72 hours for nicotine to fully leave your system.
Smoking contributes to a lot of illness including cancer, respiratory diseases and cardio vascular diseases. The harmful effects of smoking do not end with smokers; second hand smoke also affects non smokers and caused deaths due to lung cancer and heart diseases.Smoking is a strong habit that is hard to stop but it can be stopped and you have to find the best effective way to quit smoking before your health starts to deteriorate.

There are numerous ways to quit smoking available today, but how can you find the best one?Now I will show you some common ways to quit Smoking:

1 One way to stop smoking is through Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT). While this is not the best effective way to stop smoking and this is for short time use, about 20-40% of smokers find success on this method. This therapy includes wearing patches, chewing nicotine-containing gums and nicotine nasal spray or inhaler. This method reduced the physical symptoms of withdrawal from smoking like irritability and tiredness.

2 Cold turkey is another way to stop smoking. This is the most popular method though not the best effective way to stop smoking. This contributes to only 5% of success per try. Cold turkey means to stop smoking immediately and without preparation. Smokers have to try this over and over again to succeed.

3 The Gum is good for many smokers because it gives you something to do with your mouth while kicking the smoking habit. With most nicotine gum, you chew the gum a few times and store it between the lip/cheek and gum. The nicotine is then released through your gums and cheek. This is a great way to quit smoking because you satisfy the chemical and some of the mental dependency of smoking.


http://www.squidoo.com/best-ways-to-quit…


http://www.squidoo.com/how-to-quit-smoki…

Don-t be a fool why smoke? trying to be cool?give it up you will physically and mentally feel better and the money you save you can buy a brain.
talk to your doc about Chantix.
How long should I quit smoking to pass a nicotine urinalysis? -