What are good ways to quit smoking and get back in shape? -

Sunday, July 24, 2005

What are good ways to quit smoking and get back in shape? -


Hey all,

I-m looking for ways that have people have tried that and that have worked to quit smoking and to get in shape with cheap alternatives.

I-d love any and all tips you can offer...
You can get in shape using the Lil Jack workout
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKCGe2Ezr…

I can-t answer the getting back in shape question but I think you-ll like my quit smoking answer.

Have you heard of the new electronic cigarettes? There was a story about them on Yahoo about a week ago. I-ve been smoking for 30 years and have tried everything to quit smoking without any success. I will be ordering my electronic cigarette starter package this week and I-m very excited about it. They simulate a real cigarette which none of the other quit smoking aids have done. They come with a rechargeable battery, when you inhale, you get a burst of nicotine for that craving and it actually looks like you-re blowing out smoke but it-s a water vapor mist. The tip of the cigarette even illuminates. So you get the nicotine you crave, the hand and mouth fixation is covered and exhaling the vapor mist looks like smoke.

The beauty of it is you still get all the stuff you crave from smoking without all the negative side effects or harmful additives found in tobacco. The starter kit comes with the electronic cigarette, battery, and five nicotine cartridges. Each cartridge is supposed to be equal to 1-2 packs of cigarettes. The kit is $79 and the cartridge refills are around $13 for a pack of five. I will be ordering from the site below.
I stopped over 9 months ago, I used patches for the first 12 weeks and got them through the government stop smoking scheme for the price of a prescription charge. I also joined a gym the day I quit - the cost is about a quarter of what I spent on cigarettes.
I really recommend taking up exercise at the same time as you quit, not only are you less likely to put on weight but it is a great feeling when you notice on a daily basis how much better you feel without the smokes.
Go for it, it is the best thing I ever did and I-d been smoking for 23 years so if I can do it anyone can!
Good luck x
Set a realistic long term goal months or a year for when you would like to officially end smoking and commit to it.

While gearing up to officially quit smoking. You should get involved with getting your life back together. This includes hanging around other people who don-t smoke, going to smoke free bars and or restaurants, take up a hobby or sport, exercise.

When you have figured out what it is you can DO (from step 2) to replace smoking. Do your best to limit how many cigarettes you buy and smoke.

While limiting your amount of buying and smoking intake invest in patches, gum, etc. Once again you must DECREASE your amount of intake in order to effectively quit for good.

While on patches, gum, etc. at the end of every week award yourself with a prize that doesn-t include smoking. Be excited and share your hard fight with other smokers who are trying to quit. Become an inspirational for someone else. Knowing that someone is watching your success will motivate you to reach your goal.
you might not like my answer!
1. to stop smoking! throw away your smokes! cold turkey! - i now lead a healthier live style! but now that i think of it! you need to do it the way you want to! Frankly the meathods are just scams... in my eyes that-s how i see it! bottom line it-s WILL POWER do you got it! YES You DO!! now work it! (first month is the HARDEST) after that it does get easier!
and you might gain a little weight most think it-s because they are replacing it! no it-s not that just FOOD taste GOOD again! and you can really taste it!

2. to work out set yourself up to win! I-m currently doing that now!
settting my self up to win!
i have a stepper (i do0n-t have much money to get good stuff) but i did make that exspence 50 bucks!
i started out getting up 5 minutes earlier daily! and i step on it for 5 minutes a day! (don-t seem like much and it-s not) but with it not being much i know i can do it daily! if i don-t t hen i-ll lower it! after a week of me getting all days in then i can add to it!
now i-m at 7 minute a day and i added sit ups - 10 a day!
so 2 minute increase and 10 sit ups i can do that!

and i-ll keep adding until i get to my desired level of activity!

hope this helps
My dad smoked and he decided to chew alot of gum instead and take long bike rides to improve his health, that worked for a year. And then he quit permanently by making it his new years revolution and a year later took all the money he would have spent smoking and put it into buying a new guitar.
Well I just didn-t buy any more. Quit cold turkey but that is me and some people are just not able to do that. The in shape question is well kinda difficult for me as I put quite a bit of time in at work. But my wife and I are taking up walking. Not only does it help in our relationship but the exercise is good as well.
There are some good chewing gums which help in quitting smoking. All you need to do is whenever you feel like smoking just use one chewing gum. Many times sample are given free.. and if user find them good you can continue.
ITS TOUGH AS HELL TO STOP. Try chewing tabacco.Once you have stopped smoking then try to stop chewing. Chewing is easier to stop.
If you want to stop cold turkey just get through the first 3 days and everyday that follows gets easier and easier. Just the 3 days are a *****.

Good Luck!
your answer is in the site i mentioned in the sources
Think of something you want to give up smoking for. And keep that in mind - It could be for your children?
Go running everyday and change your diet to a healthy one
What are good ways to quit smoking and get back in shape? -