Whats the longest its taken you to quit smoking on Wellbutrin? -

Monday, July 18, 2005

Whats the longest its taken you to quit smoking on Wellbutrin? -


I know your supposed to stop when you up the dose, but that was a week ago for me and I-ve only dropped off a little bit. Has it taken anyone around a month or two, even longer?
Good Morning Kat,
firstly let me congratulate you on your decision to quit; however, whether on prescription medicine or OTC concoctions, it-s not the medicine or whatever else you decide to use to help you quit. It-s YOU! All of these things are merely a -help tool- but none of them, and I repeat, NONE of them will -do the trick- unless you are truly and absolutely ready to quit. I know, this is not the answer you expected nor wanted. But it-s the only way to stopping this nasty habbit. I have been a smoker for over 25 years and have tried quitting during different stages in my life. I am a cancer survivor and even then did I not manage to prevail :( For my father, who-s smoked for over 50 years (also a cancer patient) it took a lung disease (asbestosis) to finally lay down his smoking habbit. He quit overnight or -cold turkey- so to speak and I admire his strength and complete self contol, because that is what it takes to quit permanently. I am disabled after two very bad accidents, mostly bedridden now, and yet, I am still smoking, just can-t extinct that last cigarette :( What that means for you? It means that you have to be stronger willed and believe in yourself that you can, if fact, give it up. All these methods on the market are only tools, and in most instances sadly hoaks. There are many who believe in different methods but no matter which one of these you chose, the will to quit has to come from within you! Only you can make it work! You willpower is what can get you out of this devilish circle of voluntarily inhaling toxic fumes on a daily basis. The one thing we all do know for certain is that smoking is bad for you, even kills you. What a said truth, but nonetheless the truth!
I wish you the best of luck in beating this deadly addiction and hope that you succeed! And to all others whom read this, please, do yourself a favour, do whatever it takes but please put those nasty things down. Let-s be honest with ourselves, what we, the smokers, are doing is committing suicide. One day at a time, one cigarette at a time. I
I do advise you to join a self help group (you can find many of them online). All you really need is a strong will, however hard to achieve, yet your own will is the tool to quit forever! May God Bless you and help you overcome this and grant you a prosperous life!
Sincerely, MsB. :)
Wellbutrin XL. One day.
Whats the longest its taken you to quit smoking on Wellbutrin? -