How did you successfully quit smoking? -

Tuesday, July 5, 2005

How did you successfully quit smoking? -


I-m ready to quit smoking for good. I hate the fact that I smoke and it-s humiliating to me that I have to have a cigarette. I also want to be healthier. What steps did you take to successfully quit smoking?
Yhe best way is cold turkey@!!! I know it is hard for the first 3 days and the urges get easier. But I drank alot of water and increased my B vitamins and this helped. All the patches and what not suck and cost alot if you really want to you can do it! You have to have Discipline about the urges Don-t do it,You can make it.. A Freind.
hi AIM+E..

well there are a bunch of ways to quit smoking.. some work for some folks, others need to try other steps, nicotine Replacement therapy,(patches, gum, etc) works for many.. still others swear by pharmaceuticals.. the point is that really is no wrong way quit.. good luck on your decision!!!

myself after numerous attempts to achieve freedom, using virtually every method, i found recovery through the fellowship, and meetings of nicotine anonymous.. meetings are available in many areas, as well as a number of meetings on the internet.. i attend both.. i now have over 5 years of freedom from any nicotine, and credit my participation with my friends, as the decisive factor .. again there is really no wrong way to quit.. i wish you luck!!!


Nicotine Anonymous is a Non-Profit 12 Step Fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives. Nicotine Anonymous welcomes all those seeking freedom from nicotine addiction, including those using cessation programs and nicotine withdrawal aids. The primary purpose of Nicotine Anonymous is to help all those who would like to cease using tobacco and nicotine products in any form. The Fellowship offers group support and recovery using the 12 Steps as adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous to achieve abstinence from nicotine.
I-ve been quit for 13 days now, and OMG, I still want one something terrible! I quit cold turkey, but after 7 days my friend gave me a trial pack of Chantex, and it does help with the cravings during the day, but during stressful situations, I just want to light up, but so far, I just pace, a lot! I don-t know if this helps, but if I were you, I would ask the doctor for Chantex, don-t try the cold turkey thing, especially if you have kids!
Counseling with medication helped me quit smoking. I am really thankful to the counselors who have done a nice job in making me quit smoking. You need find out your own best way to quit smoking
i did it for my daughter. cold turkey 8months ago...... you can to.
How did you successfully quit smoking? -