How did you quit smoking? -

Sunday, August 20, 2006

How did you quit smoking? -


cigarettes, that is!
The main thing is finding a new addiction. Once you have a gaping hole for a habit you used to do, the only way to keep going is to replace it with something else. The biggest reason why people can-t quit is because you-re just standing there waiting for -the break-. Here-s some suggestions:

Become an exercise/health addict:
-You-ll be into repairing the damage done by the ciggerettes and getting more fit in the process. You won-t be so bored to have time to smoke.

Or...

Start teaching yourself an instrument or taking lessons:
-You-ll have your mind on something else.

Anyway, those might not be the best suggestions. Whatever you subtract from your life you need to add something of close to equal value in order to keep going.
I tried everything on the market for the first few attempts.
patch,gum,pills you name it.
I finally just gave them up cold turkey, stopped hanging out for a while in places people smoke(yes that meant not going out for a few weeks) substituted with the standard gums, and sugar free mints and the last trick I used was each time I was ready to break down and smoke another, i told myself to wait one more hour. then I would just keep doing that.
I found out that I had more willpower than I thought I did when I really wanted to quit.
Good Luck!
I saw all my family dieing off from cancer. They where all smokers. Once I got past the first 3 days it got easier. Don-t give up, it can be done!
dont buy em
its that simple
I used a prescription drug called Chantix for the first month. A lot of gum and sunflower seeds since then. Been tobacco free a little over 7 months so far.
Analysed the cost/benefit situation and decided cig-s where a waste of time and money. Alcohol gives way more bang for your dollar.
A Yahoo search for -how to quit smoking- will give you a wealth of useful information and advice.
How did you quit smoking? -