Trying hard 2 make my boyfriend quit smoking. any suggestions? only genuine ones plz...its very imp!? -

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Trying hard 2 make my boyfriend quit smoking. any suggestions? only genuine ones plz...its very imp!? -


my boyfriend has been smoking since the last 5-6 years...and i really want him 2 quit...he realizes the need 2 do so himself...and has tried several times...but is able 2 do so only for 2-3 days, after which the addiction takes over and he starts smoking again...plz help...want some good tips on how he can quit it permanently.
I smoked for 2 years and in the end, I just threw them away and never looked back. I know that-s easier said than done for a lot of people, but, I had a scare from this man that was shopping in my store and he was buying a nightgown for his wife who was in the hospital getting her trachea removed because of smoking. He asked me if I smoked and told me to go home and throw them away, -it ruins lives-.
I believe it was the sadness coming from his eyes that really shocked me.

Really, to curb the cravings, you have to substitute another activity to do during the times you formerly smoked. For example, after dinner I would put my shoes on and go walking to keep from thinking about smoking. I walked on my lunch at work and chewed a lot of gum. It worked, I haven-t smoked for 22 years.
Smoking leads to Cancer. you can collect some pics of mouth cancer patients due to smoking and show it to him. Please try to take him to a Cancer Hospital especially to the Mouth Cancer Ward. He will surely stop smoking.
well u should probably try this:
hide his smokes when u find them or come across them and when he want to smoke only give him 2 a day and c what happens and soon enough he would probably get tried of it and if he loves u he will understand.
Usually the government has a -stop smoking- program and helps smokers guide their way to stop. Search in your community for such a program and let him know that it-s easier if he-s with people who are going through the same thing. Also, some of these organizations sometimes have a contest and you can win a prize if you quit by a certain date.

Good luck to him!
I have been smoking on and off for the past 30 years. I quit and then go back. I recently stopped smoking with the help of Chantix and I-m determined to stay quit. If you have never been a smoker it-s hard to understand what he is going through. Just remember that smoking is worse than trying to quit drugs per my doctor. Be patient with him and help him. Hidding his cigarettes will only make more tension. Be supportive even when he fails. He will succeed eventually. This has been a habit just like habits others have. Good luck to you and him..
my remedy to smoking has been tested quite fruitful in most of the cases i had handled. i had applied this procedure with most of my friends and it turned fruitful. so i would suggest this procedure which you should adhere strictly. when ever your boyfriend goes for smoking , give him a deep kissssss. i would say for 10 minutes. then tell him to indulge in masturbation. this would keep him engaged and he would forget to smoke.
Trying hard 2 make my boyfriend quit smoking. any suggestions? only genuine ones plz...its very imp!? -