Whats the best way to quit smoking? -

Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Whats the best way to quit smoking? -


My fiance and i smoke but he does more than i do. I know that i could quit if i wasn-t around someone who smoked (i only smoke 1-3 cigarettes a day) and lately he-s cut back to around 6 a day, but we don-t have much money right now and i was wondering if there are any habits or anything out there that doesn-t cost much that could help him quit completely? I-ve heard chewing gum helps, anything else? He hasn-t tried any patches or gum, but any advice on what works the best?
Cold turkey!! It worked for me. It isn-t the most comfortable, but it is the cheapest and most effective. You just have to fight the urge to smoke. Oh, chew a lot of gum. I found that the Orbit gum in the light blue pack was my fav when I quit smoking. I would buy the whole box right off the shelf at the check out. Good luck!!! You can do it.
When ever he goes to smoke tell him -Don-t Do That!- And call hmi throughout the day and first thing you say is Don- Do That, it actually works well. If you make your mind up and tell yourself to not do it, the cravings go away.
i smoked around 6-8 a day and quit for new years. the best way really is just pure willpower. just going cold turkey and waiting out the first two or three days. it really works.
Have him calculate how much money he spent on cigarettes, and how much more he will spend if he keeps it up, after he gets done crapping his pants he-ll hopefully realize how stupid it is.
Whats the best way to quit smoking? -