I am trying to quit smoking. Anybody have any tips? -

Saturday, August 16, 2008

I am trying to quit smoking. Anybody have any tips? -


I have been smoking since i was about 15ish. I quit last year for about 3 1/2 months and then my mom died so it was the perfect excuse to start back. But i have decided to quit again hopefully for good this time i am 28 years old and i dont wanna be pushin up daisy to soon. Any tips on how to make it a little easier would be appreciated. Thanks
dude, if id know i would do it myself..
the advice ppl will give you on here wont work well.
i guess its gonna have to be our own determination to sto - self control :-/ which kinda sucks because we kinda get weak and pissed off with out fags!
hope iv helped.. - GOOD LUCK.



oh - could you please answer mine;

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;…

xxxx
i started smoking when i was 16 and i quit last year in april ( i was 23 ) the stepping stone for me was i woke up from a rough night of drinkin and has the nastiest hangover so i decided not to smoke bc jus the thought was makin me gag and the next day i still felt a lil sick so i still didnt smoke and after the 2nd day i told my self that i dont need the ciggs no more and from then on ive been tobbacco free but i still get urges espicially when i see someone smoking on TV that is by far the worst urge i get.......when im around my friends n the smoke i don get any urges at all but if i see it on TV then i get the urge but dont follow thru with it...on april 7th its gonna be a year for me cold turkey... i suggest u dont set a particular date to quit bc ur jus gonna keep setting new dates everytime u fail u jus have to wake up and say OK TODAY I AM NOT GONNA SMOKE and follow thru with it... GOOD LUCK DUDE ull feel gr8 once u kick the habit
tell everyone you know so if they see you slipping they will ***** at you. other than that perseverance and determination. there are some prescription drugs out there if you-re not opposed to it.
my hubby got a timer that keeps track of how long he-s been without (down to the seconds). it helps to see how long you-ve gone.
you could make a list of why you want to stop and whenever you start to get really tempted take a look at it.
keep a jar and all the money that you would have spent on cigarettes would go in it. after a month or a couple weeks use it to do something for yourself, some sort of reward.
hope these help-GOOD LUCK!
I was a heavy smoker for 20 years, chain smoker, no filter cigarettes. One day suddenly my hands and feet became icy like there was no bloody going in. I thought i was going to pass out. I praied God to help me GO GO GO COLD TURKEY i stopped felt depressed at times everytime i wanted a cigarette i would go out take a walk or jog. When i wants a smoke i had a glass of water, i broke that psychological attachment to the cigarette. I changed things , i would clean the house, i would do walk the dog. Finally i did i started walking, now i walk ,iam in great shape i save lots of money too.
I have heard from a reliable source that Zyban is very effective. It causes an unpleasant taste in the mouth when you have a cigarette, in turn you naturally regard smoking as a disgusting habit. I also smoke and may start using it myself.


http://www.on-linepharmacyuk.com/buyzyba…

well make yourself so so busy!
i am trying to change (with something) that-s why i can understand you!
you should at least try. we don-t know that it might really help you, right?
i believe that it is only u that can help regarding this matter, Make yourself guilty when u are trying to smoke!
Make busy, pray to GOD and make yourself guilty is what I can share to you! (that-s what I-m doing!)
Allen Carr-s book. You can get it on Amazon. I was a -commited- smoker who didn-t really want to quit but really had to. That book changed my life! If I can offer one bit of advice, when you are ready read it cover to cover as quickly as you can...

After 22 years as a 20+ a day smoker.... I-m almost at two years without a single cigarette...... it really works!
Start regular running, cycling or some other form or aerobic activity. You will feel heaps better (crappy at first as all the craps works out of your lungs) after a while and see what you have been doing to your body. It worked for me.
man,

If someone can help me out i would be very grateful to him.I have been trying for more than 20 years but i fail.
I am trying to quit smoking. Anybody have any tips? -