Quit Smoking? -

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Quit Smoking? -


I have tried to quit smoking before and have failed. Im trying again now but im finding it heaps hard. My cravings feel more intense then the last time i tried to give up. I cant stop thinking about having a smoke either. The hardest part for me is not having a smke after eating and while im on the phone. I havnt had a smoke for nearly 2 full days and its driving me nuts. My fiance also smokes and when i told him that i was giving up he said he is not going to which is going to make it hard on me. I have been smoking for 9 years straight now. The bad thing is that i enjoy smoking and i think thats why my attempts to quit always fail. I have also been very stressed out lately (not because of me not smoking) and that is also making it very difficult to stop. I need some advice. I no cold turkey is best but it dusnt seem to be working for me and the patches and gum didnt work the last time. Any advice will be muchly appreciated. Thanks guys!
I agree with all of the above suggestions. Along with taking their advice you might like to look at what is driving the addiction to cigarettes.

The answer is the same for any form of addiction, whether cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, work, chocolate, computer games .....

Uncomfortable or painful emotions are the reason people take their form of tranquilizer. -Comfort- food or -emotional- eating is a good example of this. Or so is being stressed out and needing a smoke to calm down.

Fortunatley there is a way of easily identifying and neutralising or transforming these uncomfortable or painful emotions which is actually healthy.

It-s called EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) - the world-s fastest growing self-healing tool.

Originally discovered as a cure for phobia, fear, panic and anxiety, it has also proved effective in treating many different kinds of addictions and addictive behaviour. Further clinical application it is now believed to be effective in treating all stress-related illness.

What does it offer people trying to quit?

EFT-s results for Addiction, and Substance Abuse problems are often extraordinary. The benefits are two fold: First, EFT brings down the immediate craving within minutes so that one can easily walk away from food, cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, etc. In a few cases this simple procedure also collapses the overall addiction.

Second, EFT-s long term successes are due to its ability to address the true cause of most addictions ... namely ... the need to -tranquilize- the anxiety caused by one-s underlying anger, fear, guilt, trauma, etc. Until these issues are dissipated, the addictive behavior will remain. That is why people who successfully give up one form of addiction simply switch to another (from alcohol to coffee/cigarettes, for example). EFT is ideally designed to collapse these underlying emotional issues (that is what it does best) and, properly applied, the need to tranquilize disappears. It should be evident that addictions, compulsions, eating disorders and weight issues have similar emotional causes.

To see an introductory video on EFT, and what it can be used for, go to www.emofree.com.au and click on the watch the video in the top right hand side of the page.

Or go to www.emofree.com to search for articles on treating addictions.

You can download the free EFT manual from www.emofree.com.au
You can try using Champix. It is a pill that will help you stop smoking. It works by stopping your nicotine craving as well as reducing the withdrawal symptoms.
Hey, check out this article, it helped me quit.


http://www.squidoo.com/How_to_be_a_non-s…


best of luck to you!
You-re About To Learn The Inside Secrets

Of How To Quit Smoking Successfully

with Hypnosis And The Best News Is:

Go to: http://quitsmoking.loseweighthappy.com
Hello, I have got two things for you and your fiance

1. Show your fiance this resournce:


http://tobacco.health.usyd.edu.au/site/s…


I hope he learns this way (a reminder for you as well)

2. For you i would recommend using
http://www.officialsmokeaway.com


It helps by reducing the urge and has no side effects. Check that resource for more.

Thank you
This is going to sound crazy but I read a book. I smoked for 11 years and had tried to quit using the patch, the inhaler, the gun, antianxiety pills. I read the book The Easy Way to quit smoking and quit cold turkey. Read the reviews on Amazon give it a chance. I was skeptical but I know five people personally who have quit using this book including my husband. Good Luck and don-t get discouraged it is possible!
I also just quit 3 days ago, but i am using the patch. It seems to be working. I noticed also that when I do things that i always used to smoke doing, its harder. like talking on the phone and after eating. I have avoided long conversations on the phone and have been eating -little meals- because it was always after a big one that i smoked. It will be harder for you because you have another smoker in the house. I have asked others to not smoke in my house and I am avoiding being around smokers for a while, like avoiding the bar and alcohol. whenever you have an urge, immediatley do something else. fold clothes, do the dishes and drink a glass of water. it seems to help. just remind your self why you are doing it and how much healthier you will be. Good luck!!
Read -Easyway- by Allen Carr. It-s a lot cheaper than gums, patches, medications, and A LOT more effective.
Reduce gradually untill 1/4 cigarrete a day. Oat meal, reishii tea, soup of burdock root can detoxify nicotine.

Wash clothes, linens, clean car and the whole house before a long weekend, 3-4 days, with sleeping pills, to quit. Take showers and excercise between sleeping time
maybe u should pray to God to help u stop... please no one put me as abuse but thats what my bro did and it worked but u have to pray a long time...
Quit Smoking? -