I quit smoking in February. I now am having difficulty taking deep breaths? -

Thursday, August 21, 2008

I quit smoking in February. I now am having difficulty taking deep breaths? -


I exercise 5 days a week. I do not drink alcohol. I have gained 12 pounds since I quit. I have anxiety for sure-I get very stressed out about little things. Later in the day-my breathing is more difficult. Any suggestions??
don-t mess around.see a pulmonologist. even though you quit-congrats- you still may have some problems. good luck
-Might be- you have excercise induced COPD

I do, gotta take meds and oxygen

See a lung DR, a pulmanologist

I quit 2 years ago
You said this problem happens later in the day, the question is do you work in a place where you are exposed to recycled air for long periods of time? Or are around chemical smells? As long as you don-t experience breathing problems when your working out your problem probably isn-t internal, that it happens later in the day suggests to me your are being exposed to something that is aggravating your lungs.

I find if I-m in the place where I work for more than a few hours my eyes start to tear up and I have to apply eye drops every few hours. I-ve worked in other places where the air recycling system is so crappy by the end of each shift there would be a red dust of carpet particles over everything, asthmatics would have an attack within minutes of walking in.

Try keeping a journal tracking your breathing attacks and anything that might trigger them. Do they only happen on certain days or all days? If so then what do you do on some days that you don-t on others. If the problem continues and you still don-t know what-s up then you should see a Doc, you might have asthma (not uncommon in smokers, don-t forget it takes five years {I think} for most of the damages to heal) or even a spring allergy or something like that.
listen to racer51
I quit smoking in February. I now am having difficulty taking deep breaths? -