Whats the best way to quit smoking? -

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Whats the best way to quit smoking? -


Cold Turkey
Sunday was my THREE YEAR anny..
I just told myself I could do anything but SMOKE..so I indulged in food for awhile, got back into my running full time and within a few weeks I was on my way...
I also joined quitnet dot com where they share a lot of ideas AND support..I still go there to help the newbies..
I have never gotten up in the morning and thought
-Dang.......wished I neve quit!!!-

good luck..it-s worth every damn crave, to finally have this behind me!! To finally have that stupid insane monkey OFF my back!!
The way I quite smoking was this...........

I stocked up on sugar less candy and gum and put a piece in my mouth instead of a cigarette. To calm the jitters at night, I took a very low dose sleeping aid. (Ask your doctor first). To calm my
restless hands, I read a good book, and later took up making crafts, which I sold at a craft show for extra money.
chewing sugarless gum helps, and when you really really feel like it take a cig break it in half and then smoke it (not regularly just like once a day till you can completely avoid it)
smoke weed instead
never start
hell if i know..i have been trying to 2 years..
Stop buying cigarettes.
I just cut down slowly, like say I smoked a pack a day, then then I would slowly cut 2 cigs a day till I was down to 2 or 3 cigs a day and I stayed like that for a month or two till I just quit all together. But eveyone is different....
Perhaps the nicorette activestop program might help.
the best way to stop smoking is to buy gum and keep chewing it and everytime you feel like smoking just chew gum or eat candy
I quit smoking 6 years ago after smoking for 8 years. I went to the doctor and they put me on a depression medication called -Wellbutrin XL-. Anyways, it literlly makes each drag you take taste like butt!! Its sooo nasty you don-t want to smoke! They put you on 7 days worth of pills and you continue to smoke as you normally would. And on the 8th day, you stop taking the pills and you stop smoking. The hardest thing for me was the habit of putting something up to my mouth, or needing something with a beer, or socially. I had to change a lot of habits in order to get rid of one nasty one. Anyways, they have smoking cessation medication now, but insurance doesn-t usually cover it. Anyways, call your doctors office and ask a nurse what options they offer. Good luck to you!!
Whats the best way to quit smoking? -