Im getting plastic surgery and I quit smoking one week before my surgery instead of two. How unsafe is this? -

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Im getting plastic surgery and I quit smoking one week before my surgery instead of two. How unsafe is this? -


I-m having rhinoplasty and breast augmentation... They are both redos but I have never had any complications with healing or the actual surgery before.
I really dont want to change th date.
You should be asking the surgeon NOW
A smokers lungs produces secretions, when you undergo anesthesia you are at risk of getting pneumonia or literally drowning.
You should check with the doctor, he/she will know best whether that extra week is important or not. Smoking restricts blood flow to the skin-s surface, so it could make your skin not heal right. But only the doctor will know what your skin is like and whether you-ll be OK.

You don-t want to end up with lasting damage or scarring just because you didn-t want to reschedule. Be sure and be safe. You obviously care about your looks and how it comes out if your-e having surgery.

I know how hard it is to quit smoking! I wouldn-t want to have to do it all over again either, but maybe it-s time to quit for good?
I would definitely consult the doctor on this one.
to be honest with you and also in your best interest honey, i think it would be best in this case for you to doublecheck with your doctor or surgeon about this because the answers that you get here from yahooanswers isnt always going to be creditable (they could be, but you never know..and plus, you-re asking random people, and they could be unsure and pop you a guess, like me) but this is your health and its not something that should be risked.

so what i think you should do is call in or go in and ask before you even continue with the surgery.

best of luck to you and hope everything turns out okay!
If you surgeon says -quit two weeks before- that means it is not okay to quit one week before. Tobacco is a toxin and definitely could cause problems.

You need to be honest with him/her and reschedule it.
Do not take any chances with this. Smoking and major surgery like this can make your scars huge and ugly and not heal well at all. Not to mention curse tissue necrosis which will lead to additional operations and loss of flesh. Please let your surgeon know.
Im getting plastic surgery and I quit smoking one week before my surgery instead of two. How unsafe is this? -