Tips to help quit smoking? -

Friday, December 2, 2016

Tips to help quit smoking? -


I am 50 years old, and have finally decided to quit smoking. I would like any information anyof you have on successfully quitting. Also, in regard to using drugs to help you quit, have you found the natural herb remedies, nicotine replacement therapy, or any other drugs to be more successful than others. Any help orsuggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
I had some success with the nicotine patches, although I did wonder whether its just because you were afraid you-d be really sick if you smoke with a patch on, which is what they say will happen, so you dont...but it failed in the end I suppose, I was always a -need to smoke first thing in the morning- person, so I-d get the overnight patches but they would give me weird dreams and hallucinations and made me really ill so I-d end up ripping them off, and then I-d know people who were smoking with the patch on and not getting sick etc so then you lose the fear of smoking. I ended up trying the herbal patches, even though I was skeptical, but they actually worked and unlike the other patches there was no nicotine in them. The best way to describe how they worked is you know how you really want a cigarette but for some reason you cant have one, like stuck at work or ran out etc so you get the anxiety and feel kinda angry I guess, well with the herbal patches when I thought about going out for a cigarette thats how I would feel, like the opposite effect, like the thought of smoking made me angry and like I really didnt want to and thats how I stopped...I suggest you try lots of things until you find something that works, I think its different for everyone..and dont worry if you keep failing because when you fail you remember next time what made you fail and you can avoid it, plus if you dont smoke for one day or two days or half a day then at least thats some time you-re body has to ween off the nicotine and it gets easier. I know people who had alot of success with the cut down method, just smoking one less cigarette every day or every couple of days until there wern-t many left. Its also good to avoid your usual smoking times and places, like when I was quitting I would be fine all day but after work everyone would meet in the garden outside for a smoke and a chat which I looked forward to, but I would just have to leave by a different exit and avoid it so that helps too.
Google -Smoke Less Counter-

A friend of mine used that to quit.

For a few weeks, you press a button whenever you smoke. Then, when it-s programmed, it will beep - and you smoke whether you want to or not, and in that way it weans you off the nicotine at a level you can stand, until you don-t need it anymore.
Ive tried a few times without success, but ive finally given up. make sure you distance yourself from any friends/places where you would normally see cigarettes.(just for a bit)
I smoked for over ten years, but I still found the habit harder to break than the actual nicotine addiction, speak to your chemist and ask them whats best.
after a few days of quitting I felt really proud of myself, but my fella got a right earful and i was a bit bad tempered but as long as you warn your friends/family and colleagues, they want you to stop too afterall.

Good luck,
PS you wont smell anymore, your skin will look nicer and you will be able to breathe properly when you wake up in the morning, if that doesnt make it worth it then I dont know what will.
x
I used Commit lozenges 4mg, you can pick them up usually at a conveinence store, and i swear by them. I smoked for 10 years and started commit and have no picked up a cigarette since then!!! try them seriously it works!!!
Try to get more information regarding some ways to stop smoking at my profile.
snap i am 50 too and huby and i have been talking about giving up smoking - we-re thinking about going down the lines of hypnotism - not sure about all the other medication, dont fancy taking tablets and dont know if the patches would help but i did wonder about the inhalator - have you looked at the nhs website? quite useful - explains medication etc., i wish you all the very best - let us know how you get on!
Sew your mouth up.
Join a Quit Smoking Clinic.
go to oprah.com

Dr. Oz is featured there with some help.
Tips to help quit smoking? -