Why am I having chest pains since I quit smoking? -

Monday, December 5, 2016

Why am I having chest pains since I quit smoking? -


I quit smoking 9 weeks ago after smoking for 7 years. I-ve been having chest pains (it feels sore) and it is getting more painful and lasts all day now. My voice is also getting hoarse again, like it was when I smoked. I thought the chest pains were anxiety since I-ve been having trouble sleeping also, but now my voice is hoarse and i basically feel bad and sickly. Is this something that will go away on its own after my body heals from the years of smoking?
Your body is actually healing. You damaged it so much from smoking for so long that it actually thinks what-s happening now is not right. Give it time...rest...drink lots of water, and you-ll be alright.

CONGRATULATIONS!
Your body is most probably in a detox state which will make you feel sick as it gets rid of the influx of toxins. Further more you are getting past a chemical addiction and the body will sometimes react to that withdrawal. Similar to how caffeine which stimulates the brain will cause headaches if you drink it all the time and then stop. I would recommend seeing a doctor even so to help if it continues much longer at all just to be on the safe side. Sometimes it can take months before the body has readjusted to the change in chemistry and the detox stage is finished. Be sure to drink PLENTY of water as the fluids help the body flush the system quicker and is easier for your kidneys to clean the blood. Hope that helps.
I-ve been quitting smoking for two weeks and I have bronchitis with symptoms such as, breathlessness, short of breath, trouble sleeping, soreness/burning of chest, constant mucus in the throat and sore throat. But it will get better soon if you see a doctor, it might cost you one to two hundred bucks but worths it though. Good Luck!
Your body is craving nicotine and will go to any lengths to make you give it some, including the symptoms you describe. It-s called cold turkey.

Hang on in there and do not give up. The cravings will slowly get less painful.
You are just getting over the final hurdle it takes about 3 months until your body is fully over quitting, dont give up now.

and yes I am a smoker
even though you quit, think about the cigarettes you smoked before. it can still affect you
Why am I having chest pains since I quit smoking? -