Has anyone tried chantix or the shot to quit smoking? -

Monday, March 11, 2019

Has anyone tried chantix or the shot to quit smoking? -


I have heard a lot about them both. I am looking for which one works better with the least amount of side effects.
And do they really help you quit. It is awesome if they work.
Chantix does in fact work, it takes away all the craving for cigarettes, and if you do smoke on Chantix you will get no feeling from the cigarette, it will taste disgusting. So after taking the drug for a few months you will effectively never need a cigarette again. However, many people have reported severe, profound depression on Chantix, and there have even been some suicides, so if you are already prone to depression, discuss this with your physician.
I used chantix, and it was amazing. Quit back in June, haven-t had a cigarette since :-) !!

The cravings are minimal... avoid drinking for the first few weeks, especially if you associate drinking with smoking, as many of us do. And, of course, its never a good idea to mix alcohol with prescription drugs.


Really though, it was perfect. I had tried to quit before, but I couldn-t even last one day without a cigarette. With chantix, it was so easy!


I know I sound like a bad advertisement, but for good reason. I-ve heard that even those who quit smoking never get over it, they always think of themselves as smokers and are constantly fighting that craving, but I never feel like that. Granted, I only smoked for eight years, but I honestly forget that I used to smoke, as if I never started.

I haven-t tried the shot, or heard of anyone who has, so I can-t help you with that, but I assure you that chantix does work. The only bad side effect (for me) was a nauseous feeling IF I didn-t take it with food... but still, a small price to pay to quit smoking :-)

Also, I didn-t take it for the full (is it four or six?) months, as it recommended, I only took it for three. Your chances of succeeding are better if you take it for the entire six months, but my doctor told me it wasn-t necessary... After the first two weeks, you will take the same dosage for the rest of the time, so you don-t have to worry about lowering it before stopping.
I have a girlfriend who successfully quit using chantix. She hasn-t had a cig in 3 yrs (or 4?) as of Jan. 1st.

Another girlfriend of mine quit this past year and I know she was using chantix at one point, but not sure if she used it throughout the whole quitting process.

I-m not familiar with anyone who has used an injection to quit, so cannot comment on that.
Chantix, or english name Champix works i think works by blocking the part of your brain which controls craving. A lady i work with sucessfully quit with it and she smoked a lot; word of warning - shes put on quit a bit of weight. almost a stone i think. good luck.
http://quitsmoking.more-than-best.com

If You Sick Of Trying to Quit Smoking By Using Patches, Gum, Sprays or Pills ...That Fail Every Time? Now

YOU can Kick The Habit For Good In Just 38 Minutes - 13 Seconds ...Guaranteed!
I tried the gum and everything but Chantix is VERY Risky! and I wouldnt suggest it! I would just quit or you will get addicted to everything else TRUST ME!
Champix is the best thing so far for stopping smokind as long as its combined with councilling
Has anyone tried chantix or the shot to quit smoking? -