The unspoken negative side effects to quitting smoking? -

Thursday, March 7, 2019

The unspoken negative side effects to quitting smoking? -


I am 22 years old and have been smoking for 6 years. 3 weeks ago I decided to quit and am now kept up the entire night by incessant coughing. I cough all day and all night and it hurts my throat too. My chest feels a bit tight and sometimes I generally feel quite wheezy. It is definitely not a cold as there are no other symptoms. Are these normal symptoms of giving up smoking? And if so, what can I do to ease them?
Yes. It is your lungs clearing out all the crap left in there by the smoke. Some OTC cough medicine should help. When my father-in-law quit, he coughed for quite some time. (He was much older than you.)

It-s possible, however, that it is unrelated. It sounds almost like bronchitis. If it doesn-t clear up in a couple of days, I would see a doctor.
Maybe your cough and chest tightening are the effects of your prolonged smoking that has manifested only now. Withdrawal symptoms when you stop smoking include restlessness, fatigue, dizziness, irritability and heavy perspiration. Some people may also experience diarrhea, constipation and headaches. It’s important to remember that much of what you may be feeling is the nicotine withdrawal talking. It would be best if you see a doctor to help you with your problem. It’s important to keep a positive attitude throughout your journey to stop smoking for good.
i smoked for over 50 years and quit only to have the same problem you have.unforunitally i ended up with copd, smoking was covering it up with the cough. you can try to prop up with pillows but if that doesn-t work i-d go see my dr to make sure that your lungs are clear.
The unspoken negative side effects to quitting smoking? -