My dad quit smoking (for the second time) and hes been somewhat irritable/depressed. Is this normal? -

Thursday, March 7, 2019

My dad quit smoking (for the second time) and hes been somewhat irritable/depressed. Is this normal? -


I want to be there for my dad as much as possible while he-s going through this process. Is it normal for him to be a little depressed and irritable? What can I do to help him feel better other than prayer?
Saying a prayer for him is about the best thing you can do. Maybe get him some gum or hard candy. Popcorn for him at night. Just try to be understanding and that is the best you can do. You are a very good daughter. When one stops smoking it takes a while to get out of their system and then they will be fine and not even miss it. I wish you and your dad good luck and i hope he manages to quit this time.
It-s perfectly normal. Nicotine is a drug and withdrawl from a drug makes people irritable. Give him time and just ask if there-s anything you can do to make him more comfortable.
yes nicotine withdrawels is rough. he needs all the support you can give,be there for him talk do things to help keep his mind off smoking. the Lord will bless you for it.
Yes it can be normal while he is going thru nicotine withdrawal. there are some things that can help minimize the symptoms. I myself used that -smoke away- product and it seemd to work for me...it did not work for my dad, but then again he really was not in the right mindset to quit.

Take comfort in knowing that it is only temporary. Once he gets the nicotine out of his system he will be fine. I quit over 3 yrs ago and have not had a craving after the 1st month.


Tell him to keep it up and that you are proud of him.....
Have him ask his doctor for Wellbutrin he takes it twice a day while he is in withdrawal it takes the edge off his irritability and depression. It really worked with my guy who smoked 20years and had tried twice once cold turkey and the other time with the patch. The patch and Wellbutrin did it for him, smoke free for 6 years now!
When my dad quit smoking it was like walking on egg shells around the house. Yes it is normal for some people to be irritable. The best thing is that my dad lived a while longer and got to see his grand kids grow up a bit. Whatever you can do to encourage him will be worth it in years added to your dad-s life.

What to do? Tell him you are proud he is trying again and encourage him to buy something with the money he is saving!
YES
My dad quit smoking (for the second time) and hes been somewhat irritable/depressed. Is this normal? -