Have you successfully quit smoking cigarettes? HOW? -

Friday, October 11, 2019

Have you successfully quit smoking cigarettes? HOW? -


I have tried everything.. patches give me chest pains. Wellbutrin makes me psycotic. lozenges burned my mouth, can-t chew gum or crunchy stuff (dentures).. have been to 2 hypnotists...
I quit once for 6 weeks and gained 60 pounds that I still have.
I am at my wits end. I cannot afford $5.00 a pack and cannot justify the $ when my bank account is getting lower and lower. We don-t get a payraise every time they raise the price of cigs.
What can I do?
I have smoked for 41 years.
I don-t even like the taste of them anymore, yet I wake up at least once a night craving a cigarette, as well as all the other regular times.. bored, after eating, in the car, after sex, etc etc.
I just can-t take this much longer. Climbing a flight of stairs knocks me on my butt, even long walks get me winded.
What can I do to make it easier to quit for good?
Stopping for six weeks and starting again makes things a bit tougher on the confidence. But maybe my story can help you put things into perspective.

I smoked for 35 years, stopping for a year once or twice. Even during those non-smoking times I never really wanted to stop smoking. I never had a real conviction or dedication to quitting for good.

Last October I experienced a large mycardial infarction commonly known as a heart attack. An artery leading to the left ventricule had 100% blockage. The staff at the local hospital didn-t like my chances and life flighted me to the Cleveland Clinic.

They proceeded to perform angioplasty and stuck a stent in my artery. They also decided that the damage to my heart muscle (irreversible) rated an ICD (implantable cardioverter defibrillator).

I recovered due to their quick action and found that the reason I went through all of this and now carry a zapper in my chest was directly due to smoking and diet.

I stopped smoking the day of the heart attack.

My lover, the cigerette, nearly killed me. My mind refuses to accept that I might smoke again. The conviction gets stronger every day. And just thinking about the self-deception (with the help of a strong smoking culture and Madison Avenue) makes my blood boil.

I love life and the people around me.....and I have allowed smoking to short change me. My life will never rate as high on the quality meter as it should have and my death will come much sooner than if I hadn-t smoked or, at least, quit prior to a medical emergency.

And the tragic truth is, my friend, that you might not be as lucky as me and my family.
i have quit..three years ago, because i could-nt breathe right anymore...i made the decision to give them up for good..i read as much as i could on what smoking actually does to your entire body..also what chemicals are really in them....with that and the want to be healthier..i quit......it-s a very hard addiction to kick...just think of all the negatives of smoking and how those who market and sell them don-t give a hoot about you....think back to when you were a small child..and want to be that healthy again
The way I quit was cold turkey, once I had decided to quit I would not allow myself to start again. For me the best help was the support of people around me, not only would I dissappoint myself if I started again but I would dissappoint my friends - family which I did NOT want to do. So having them around helped more than anything. (when i quit patches were a new item - the gum etc. was not even out yet).
yes, I started at the age of 8 and quit at 16 than started again at 17 or 18 and stopped now at almost 28, you know how? by giving up on my own efforts nd taking God control my life, ALL of it. I onced sincerely repented and gave my entire life to God - his Son Jesus Christ and my creator God heard me crying for help and stopped my addiction, not only this addiction but mny others worse than this.
GOD Bless. Remember ,With God ALL things are possible.
watch these videos, and then just make up your mind and quit. I quit cold turkey.
yes


whether you like the idea or not, here-s what worked for me:

several years ago i was smoking around two and a quarter packs of lucky strikes everyday

i knew i needed to stop smoking, friends and family knew this too. i was putting forth a conscious effort to quit smoking when one morning as i was getting into my car to go to work, i discovered a -box- of Days Work Chewing Tobacco (the box probably contained a dozen plugs)

whatwith having so much chewing tobacco, i decided to start chewing tobacco and i did this for a while, maybe a couple of months, i got to where i really liked the nicotine high i received from the -chaw-

i got to be pretty good at chewing tobacco, i could put a little plug between my cheek and gum and eat a meal, i could go to church or be in any other situation where smoking was not tolertated~~~if i felt the need for some nicotine, i would merely squeeze off a little and it would take care of my need


eventually the time came for me to completely give up tobacco

i had not smoked in a couple of months or more
didn-t want to smoke
didn-t need to smoke

i was used to having something in my mouth, against my jaw

what was there to replace with?

Sunflower Seeds!!!

~~~and the rest is history~~~

(i have yet to knowingly hear of a woman taking this suggestion, must have something to do with -spitting-~~~funny thing: about the only time i spit was when i was getting the -chaw- set~~~the remainder of the time i injested pure nicotine! pure nicotine! pure nicotine! and you know it doesn-t take all that much: i would take a plug of Days Work and with my pocket knife i would cut off a piece barely the size of a half inch cube, place it back in the corner of my mouth and most times no one would be the wiser~~~there were times, especially at church, i would have a bit of tobacco on the left side of my mouth and some chewing gum on the other~~~it is really not all that hard to coordinate)

and as i said earlier: the rest is history


(nobody ever -fessed up to it; but, i am confident it was my Mother in Law who put the chewing tobacco in my car)
This probably wont help but have you tired cold turkey.
I smoked for 20 years and that-s how I quit.
Haven-t had a smoke in ten years.
Get on nicotine?
Have you successfully quit smoking cigarettes? HOW? -