How long will I feel this way after quitting smoking? -

Sunday, October 27, 2019

How long will I feel this way after quitting smoking? -


How long does it take to start feeling good after quitting smoking? I am taking Chantix and have been smoke free for 16 days.
i am taking Chantix too. have been for 2 months. i excersise more now, but still gets winded. when you say feeling good you should feel better after about a month. lungs take a long time to heal, though they will never be 100% again. i just think that a am doing a good thing for my body and that right there makes me feel better. stay with it, it gets better.
Congratulations and keep it up girl !!

In addition to the fact that you are no longer poisening your self and those around you, please know that 99% of men who don-t smoke think that women that do smoke are GROSS !!!

I hope that makes you feel a little better.

Keep going, you are almost there !!
Hi there!
Well, -feeling good- is kind of relative.. but I actually STILL crave smokes and it has been 2 months! I hear from long term smokers who quit years ago that they STILL crave smokes.. so even tho the nicotine is gone and your are not -addicted-, you still can have the crave and aches etc.

However, I DO breathe better, have more energy, and that is all good! And while I do crave smokes, it is not all the time, I am not so -nutty- when I feel a craving, and don-t act all wacked out like I did when I was first trying to quit.

I used Wellbutrin, similar to what you have to use..

Keep it up! If smoking had NEVER existed, we would all be better off.

Damn indians!

Tony
First of congradulations!It takes some people up to a year to stop all cravings.Hang in there you are doing great.Don-t give into it.When you get a craving count by the time you get to 30 the craving will be gone.Chew gum or candies.I found a stir stick worked for me.You can hold it like a cigarrette and even haul off it.It is only air you are breathing in but it works. Maybe the chantix isn-t working for you.Maybe try the patch or something different.
Congratulations! Your have way there, it is not an easy thing to do, I always felt like I had lost my best friend, and I was so lethargic, but it is more mental than physical.
I would just double up on exercising and try to find new things to do that requires a new thought process.
Good Luck!
Congratulations and keep it up! Remember -One day at a time- sometimes even -One second at a time-.
The nicotine is already out of your system. You may still be experiencing withdrawls, but.. I think it is probably more psychological. The hand to mouth motion. Your brain telling you, you need one after you eat, when your stressed etc... keep up the good work. Soon you will feel better, you-ll have more energy, more stanima, be able to run without getting winded. It feels so good, and makes it all the more worth it, when you experience this, if you already haven-t. I am 26 days smoke free and I feel great now. I WILL NEVER SMOKE AGAIN! I am 25 and I started at 11. I am so proud of me, and I am so proud of you. Keep up the good work. It is the best thing you could have done in your life. :)
Pat yourself on the back!!!!!! Good job!!!!!!!! It takes 21 days to make or break a habit so hang in there and you-ll notice a huge difference! Congradulations!!!
Well I have been smoke free for three days now and I started feeling good about it the very first day I stopped.Reasons being I have saved over ten dollars in three days.I have taken lots of clean breaths without smoke going into my lungs.My family is living cleaner to without the smoke going all up there noses.My house smells cleaner.My hair smells cleaner.My teeth are getting brighter.My lungs do not burn anymore.Still cant fold clothes without giving out of breath but am hoping that will get better to.Yes I think you should feel very good about doing something so wonderful for your health and for those around you.Start feeling good today.....
it has to get better.. i hope.. keep after it!!!!
Good for you! I have not taken anything to help me quit. I found out I am pregnant back in October, and quiit on the spot. Obviously, I have some good motivation, but that doesn-t mean it has been easy. I noticed that something that has really helped me is my prenatal vitamin. It is a great detoxifier! You don-t have to get prenatals, though your doc would most likely prescribe them. A good muli-vitamin - multi-mineral would be good, too. Make sure you-re getting lots of water and natural, whole juices, like cranberry to cleanse your system. As for cravings and such, they are going to keep bugging you for a while! I still think about a smoke at least once a day, usually after a meal. But it-s just not an option. Maybe that-s how you should look at it: no matter what comes your way, picking up a cigarette is JUST NOT AN OPTION, so do something else. PLEEEEEASE hang in there! You are doing an awesome thing, and I am proud of you!
You will get a little better each day. I quit about 17 months ago. I would still love to have a cigarette sometimes but it-s not like a nicotine craving. I just want one sometimes. You will come to realize that the hand to mouth habit has a lot to do with this. When you are craving a cigarette, your brain is looking for a high. If you can, exercise to get your heart pumping and that will take care of your craving. If you can-t exercise, maybe go take a walk, go to the bathroom, do any kind of exercise while sitting at a desk that you can. This feeling will last less than 5 minutes. For me, the first 3 weeks were the worse and then it was OK. Exercise so you do not gain weight.
How long will I feel this way after quitting smoking? -