I am going to quit smoking tomorrow does the commit lounges work are is cold turkey the best way? -

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

I am going to quit smoking tomorrow does the commit lounges work are is cold turkey the best way? -


My sister-in-law used them and said they work but they taste nasty and she couldn-t keep them in her mouth for the length of time that was recommended . . I think she kept them in her mouth for 15-20 mins. So I guess the answer is: if you can get past the taste, they work!
Most quit smoking helps...work...the problem with those that want to quit are commitment and boredom......you have to be committed and keep busy otherwise you can fall back into your old habits.
My belief is that cold turkey is the only way to go. All the other things out there only prolong the agony. Working out and showering often help. You reach a point where you look forward to work ending so that you can get ut and start jogging. The gums and other things you can buy only begin another habit. I don-t think you want to quit one habit only to gain another. Vitamins help, expecially the B-Complex with C, certain amino acids that you buy in healthfood stores are good also, the help to detoxify you. Good luck.
I have tried all the OTC remedies, gum, lozenges, patches. I like the patch the best because there is no taste, and no thought involved throughout the day. I put one on in the AM and take it off the next AM.

Gum and lozenges have a horrible stinging taste to them no matter if they are flavored or not. You have to carry a pack or a tube with you at all times, and answer questions like, -what-s that?-. You also have to moderate your usage, ie: you need to stop taking the gum at some point. Patch is just more convenient for my lifestyle.

Quitting is much more of a lifestyle change than anything else. I found that I only smoke when I go to the bar. So, I stopped that, and started going to the gym instead. It-s nice because when you slip up and have a smoke, you feel like crap on the treadmill the next day.

I have quit successfully several times, but slip up due to stress or loss of a job, or girlfriend etc. The gym is my best friend, and my worst enemy at the same time.

My suggestion is yeah, use a nicotine replacement, whatever you find that works for you.
I don-t deny the physical dependence on tobacco, but think it is the pschological effect that causes people to come back to smoking. I have tried quitting cold turkey, with gum and patches but kept coming back, sometimes even after being 6 months smoke free, because I was in the company of smokers. Now I am smoke free for more than two years and I had quit cold turkey. The stop smoking aids can help you with the physcial addiction, but it takes will power and imagination to get over the psychological part. Everytime ytou want to smoke imagine the smoke free you, how better you-d feel, how much more energy you-ll have and how much better your body will feel.
Think of quitting smoking like this..... 1. you are going to feel yukky. 2. tell yourself you are NOT a smoker 3. recognize you feel yukky and remind yourself this too shall pass. 4. tell yourself you are not a smoker. 5. Don-t prolong the yukkiness by doing something that will make the yukkiness continue. (like smoking). 6. After a couple days, you will begin to feel better. 7. remind yourself you do not smoke and if you did, you-d continue to feel yukky. 8. It-s best to do it when you change something. (like a job, an exercise routine, etc.) 9. You are NOT a smoker. 10. You will need to wash ALL of your clothes and curtains. They will reek with a yukky smell once your nose clears out. 11. remind yourself you are NOT a smoker 12. remember that -pretty- people don-t smoke, only yukky people. Good luck.
I am going to quit smoking tomorrow does the commit lounges work are is cold turkey the best way? -