How do you quit smoking, without the mood swings affecting your whole family? -

Monday, March 28, 2005

How do you quit smoking, without the mood swings affecting your whole family? -


used to smoke 1 pack + a day.
week 1, tried cold turkey, got down to 5 a day
week 2, began using the patch, down to 1-2 a day.
both methods seem to be working their way to 0, however, I am very crabby. i don-t want quitting to have this negative effect on my husband and kids being the butt of my outbursts. how can i avoid/control these?
(no info on smoking w/ patch being dangerous, i am aware, and without it, i wouldn-t have made the progress, thanks please!)
Only willpower..
I smoked many years 2 packs a day and quit cold turkey
on Nov 15, 2001.. but you know what? I still crave a
cigarette.. you just need willpower!

Good Luck

And I-m still grouchy!
Ignore the advice of those who say you need willpower - you don-t - that-s traumatic.

Try using Allen Carr’s Easyway To Stop Smoking. You can buy the book, watch the DVD or attend an Allen Carr Clinic. All Allen Carr therapists have been smokers and have used his method to quit. Providing you have an open mind, you will find this method not only easy but enjoyable. It doesn’t have to be traumatic. Smokers make it hard for themselves because they don’t go about it the right way. Check out the website www.allencarr.com.au to find out more.
You are going through a classic nicotine withdrawal symptom. I have passed through this phase as well. Use a natural remedy to reduce your nicotine withdrawal symptoms, it helped me. For further info go the following source.
yeah, it-s tough, but worth it in the end. I used to just take a walk or in cold weather, just grab a barbell from under the coffee table and take my mood swing out by getting a little exercize. Worked too, to offset the mints I kept eating instead!
I stoped doing exercises...just it ! formulas are for weaks !

You are strong !! (You can′t imagine how...)
The biggest problem with cutting back is that your body is always craving nicotine. If you quit cold turkey, you will have a few miserable days, but it will be over, as opposed to this drawn out cycle.

I quit once for two years and seemed I always wanted a cigarette. This time, I quit on February 18th, and after the first week, I knew I was done. I was a miserable wreck the first week, thank god I am in a long term relationship, not a new one. :)

Eat lots of fresh produce, nibble on raw peppers dipped in ranch, drink a ton of ice water and nibble on the ice cubes and get as much exercise as you have time for. And if you feel yourself getting angry, do not act on it!! It may feel perfectly justified at the time, but get out and take a ten minute walk and most of the time you will see that you were overreacting.

Good luck!!
How do you quit smoking, without the mood swings affecting your whole family? -