What can I use to help get phlem from my lungs, i have rceently quit smoking.? -

Thursday, March 10, 2005

What can I use to help get phlem from my lungs, i have rceently quit smoking.? -


My phlem is comming out very thick and sometimes has threads of blood through it. I am beginning to be concerned, I have very recently had a chest x-ray and it was normal so I do not worry overmuch avout cancer, I just want to increase the reduction of this nasty phlem out of my body. Any help, herbal, over the counter, or just down home advice would be appreciated. thanks Deb M
ya ya, some de-congestant will help. but really, just start to jog, exercise in general will clear your lungs and help to keep you active so you don-t go back to smoking. you-ll notice the difference within a week.
One thing that is the best way: exercise. Go outside and go for a bike ride or a jog. You-ll cough up tons of crap. You could sit in a sauna which loosens the hardened stuff, avoid milk which contributes to mucus formation, and lastly an over the counter chemical drug called Mucinex I-ve heard helps. Congrats on quitting smoking! Keep it up.
Deb, you need to talk to your Doctor and tell him about your problems. He might want to to other tests, if not I am sure there is a prescription to dry up your phlem.
some cough medicines are good.
I also like dimetappe.it works fast.

a home remedy I use is.
.buy Termeric powder and honey.......mix 2 table spoon honey with half tea spoon termeric and swallow 1 tea spoon. ...within few minutes it will begin to clear.
take 2 to 4 times a day......my 4 years old nephew had asthma and his Mom gave her daily.
Hi,

Great post! Quitting smoking was the hardest thing I-ve ever done in my life, and I thought I wasn-t addicted!

Here-s what I tried before finding success: hypnosis, those fake cigaretts, the nicotine patch, and group therapy....none worked.

I finally tried this HERBAL patch I bought 6 months ago on the net. They claim a 97% success rate. Well, it worked! They had a sweet deal which was a free 10 day trial for only $3.95 including shipping (it-s regularly $53 for 10 days)!!

I don-t know if they still have that deal, but it-s worth a try.


http://www.alllsite.info/stop-smoking-fr…


Good Luck
Drinking water helps or close your bathroom door and turn the shower on hot and let it steam up to open your chest up.Your lungs are cleaning theirselves out and it will go away. CONGRATULATIONS on quitting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I-d say -Go have that blood checked!- but since you already have no worrying about that unless it gets worse.

Here-s what we do for people in the hospital. It works great.
1. Postural drainage - lay with your body at an angle. Your head at the lowest point in the angle. Gravity helps.

2. Chest percussion - sounds cool. works great. lay on the couch and have someone cup there hand *as if cradling something in it) and hit your back. Not slap you (that would hurt) or bruise you but hard enough it makes a difference. If it makes you start to cough then you are on the right track.

3. Deep breathing and coughing exercises - Take a deep breath inhaling to the count of 3 through your nose. Exhale through your mouth with pursed lips for 7 seconds. This increases the oxygen exchange in your lungs and helps expand the alveoli. Take a few deep breaths. The deep breaths should trigger your cough reflex. Cough deeply.

4. Turn every two hours if possible. This keeps drainage and sputum from settling in the dependent areas of your lungs.

5. As for a vitamin - we don-t use those much in the hospital I work at. vitamin C is supposed to help the immune system. That could help you avoid a stint of pnemonia from all the sputum.

6. If you have to cough - cough! It is good to get that out of your lungs.

7. Drink alot of fluid. It will help to thin the secreations. Also avoid milk and dairy as they may thinken the sputum.
Mucinex is a good over the counter expectorant. Closing the bathroom door and turning the shower on very hot will also help...you don-t have to get in the shower, just breathe the steam. Congratulations on quitting! Good luck!
Your lungs are cleaning themselves. It will stop.
time ( see a doctor the blood is worrisome )
you have something wrong and this is not the best time to experiment with some remedy you got on the net SEE A DOCTOR !
What can I use to help get phlem from my lungs, i have rceently quit smoking.? -