I quit smoking 10 days ago, but Ive noticed nothing good--whats the deal? -

Monday, March 7, 2005

I quit smoking 10 days ago, but Ive noticed nothing good--whats the deal? -


I really enjoy smoking. I-ve had no problems over the past ten days, but I miss it. I-ve smoke since I was 14, now I-m 39. I-ve heard some people can smoke and have virtually no physical problems from it--I think I may be one of those people. If that-s the case, I wanna start again! Any others out there like me?
I sympathize with you. I-m almost 2 months quit and I think the same thing every day. What you may not realize is what other people are noticing. Like you don-t smell like smoke anymore. It really is a foul odor! They may notice that your skin looks better. Smoking can cause your skin to look like leather. They may notice that you-re no longer sporting the nicotine stain tattoos on your fingers.

I believe that it-s not the quantity of cigarettes that cause health problems, it-s that one. This one cigarette I have in my hand (metaphorically) may be the one that takes my body over the edge and produces cancer or emphysema.

Consider yourself lucky that you made it through with your health and keep smoke free!
10 days are very small period,Just dont smoke, lateron you will realize how healthy you are, you will feel more energetic!!!
You are starting to realize just how ill you were...

It may take years for your lungs to recover.
my Dad smoked from 18 --- 60 yrs. old

it takes time to see/feel the difference
( about a month or 2 )

you will notice that you have more energy,
feel better - in the long run your doing your
lungs a HUGE favor ( have you seen what a
smokers lungs look like )

keep up the good work - do NOT go back to smoking , my Dad is SO glad he stopped
- just think of the money you will save w/ not
having to buy cigs.

good luck
Run somewhere, you-ll find that you can run faster
start again simple reason for your 1st 2months you will get sick easly start again i know cause i did it i-m still smoking
Cancer foo
You quit. Congratulation. Now do not go back please.
You can be a hero to all of us that want to quit with no success.
An inspiration.
I-m a smoker, and I want to quit...but never really got to the point where i really tried. I heard the 1st 3 weeks are the hardest...I never got to that point, but if you can keep it up a little longer, maybe you will start feeling the positive effects from not smoking. Good luck with that...if you wanna start again, go for it...but I think if you made it this far, try to make it a month without cigarettes and see how you feel then...
My grandpa almost died because of smoking. My grandma died from cancer because of smoking. I had not seen her for 7 years and when I saw her. Her skin was all green. I could see her decaying in front of me. It was not nice to see an unhealthy person in pain after so many years. She smoked since she was 15 and lived to the age of around 70 but died painfully...... If you don-t think you have problems... well maybe by the time you get older it will come.
dont fool yourself. i found that quiting tobacco was a battle with myself. i kept finding reasons and excuses to light up. -yeah u deserve a fag... yeah you-ve been good, yeah you-re stressed-

You have and angel on your right shoulder and a devil on your left one. put the devil in the microwave. You know smoking will ruin you life. Hang in there and be strong
I cant really argue with you. Yes i have seen some cases in the hospital. Your life is yours to live.

I don-t recommend it, but its like an old teacher said to me once: you can smoke all your life and have a slight chance of not dying from it. But you can be a non smoker and have a big chance of getting hit by a truck full of cigarettes.
I quit smoking 10 days ago, but Ive noticed nothing good--whats the deal? -