I Quit smoking today and I am using the patch! Its kinda makin my arm itchy is this normal? -

Monday, March 28, 2005

I Quit smoking today and I am using the patch! Its kinda makin my arm itchy is this normal? -


Also I have anxiety and I feel like I am going to have a panic attack b/c I want a cig/ so bad! What do I so?
First of all congratulations and KUDOS!!! on quitting. This is probably gonna be the best gift you will ever give yourself. Always keep that in mind and the side effects will seem to nag you less. It-s like 99% will power and just making the effort to quit shows you-ve got a ton.
You might just be a little allergic to the glue on the patch. If you get a rash or something, take it off and ask a doctor for additional methods. When my dad quit smoking and he got anxiety, he chewed gum or listened to music. he didn-t drink coffee though because he said it made him more anxious and nervous. I think that really depends on the person. My mother quit smoking 18 years ago after years of smoking and never once had anxiety attacks. again, I think each person is different. So, my suggestion is stick with it and chew lots of sugar free gum. Oh and orking out helps a lot too. And there are rumors that it helps get rid of anxiety and other reactions more quickley.
It made my arm hurt when I used it so I took it off. But you have a booklet that came with the patch read that for more information.
great job on trying to quit:O) yes its normal its prob not the patch itsself but the addhesive this might help you also to get the nic out of your system drink plenty of fruit juices for the first 3 days it cleans you out and helps cleans you good luck hope it helps
Very normal, and it should subside. Hang in there!
I Quit smoking today and I am using the patch! Its kinda makin my arm itchy is this normal? -