How do you quit smoking? -

Friday, April 21, 2006

How do you quit smoking? -


In this day and age, smoking has nothing to do with lack of education, but everything to do with habit and reliance. We are all aware of how bad smoking is for your health, looks, teeth, the risks of cancer, etc. It-s a waste of money. It smells bad. But like somebody who reads the newspaper every morning, or puts their right shoe on before their left, smoking is a habit. People cope with stress in different ways... writers write, cutters cut, and smokers smoke. So if I-m aware of how horrible this habit is for me and I really do want to quit, why can-t I?
alright you need 7 ziplock bagies and you have to put a cetian amount of smokes in each bag and go lower each week
You have to sincerely want to stop. Anyone can quit, the only thing that stops them is their mind and will power.

I say you get some gum and some knitting needles or a book and really try to stop.

I did it once cold turkey, I smoke again now. Have been[on and off] since I was 16, I-m now 22.

It-s a good choice though, if you really want to. Me personally, I like and enjoy smoking a cigarette, when the occasion calls for it.

Good luck, you can do it!
Maybe you should just start smoking mass amounts of Marijuana...
I know that helped me when I wanted to quit...
My lungs were so sore, that i couldnt even think of smoking a cigarette...Just get yourself hooked to some other type of drug..
Or...
you can get yourself really sick...flu, cold etc.
and quit when your sick...
most people find it rather difficult to smoke when they have a sore throat or a pounding migrane...
Good Luck My lil Dame
call me for a good time:)
Yo my friend, i also face a same problem with you. For me, i cannot do my work if i not smoking ( i am an engineer ). It-s weird right. It look like a habit. I always want to smoke. :) But i have found a good way to stop smoking naturally, maybe you can check from this site http://amazing-quit-smoking-secrets.blogspot.com/ .. I lost my smoking habit now and enjoy my healthy life.
It-s really hard to quit smoking.

If you have strong willpower, you can give up.

You can also try this product. It-s really helpful to give up smoking:
http://www.smokedeter.com/?aid=674086
the answer is in the site in my sources
there is lots of good info on this site
http://chainsmoker.info/

well actually education, and self reliance, doesent mean anything to one who is addicted to a substance.. nicotine is in fact possabley the most addictive substance known to man (regardless of what the tobbacco industry says).. its no wonder then people simply just cant quit .. fortunatly there are methods, and medications that deal with some of the grosser symptoms of withdrawl... some of these are usefull, especially when advised under a physicians guidance..

myself i have found group support to be paramount in my recovery, i have been clean from tobacco for over 5 years now.. i have been atteding nicotine anonymous meetings, both online, and locally.. you are welcome in teh fellowship smoking or not..in fact we encourage folks to show up before quitting, just to get any questions awnsered..

john
How do you quit smoking? -