Im about to quit smoking cold turkey after 4 years of smoking? -

Monday, April 24, 2006

Im about to quit smoking cold turkey after 4 years of smoking? -


what should i expect? i know its gonna be hard but i-m ready. thanks everyone
u have full support, just do it now, later is harder :)
Hi, girly!

First off, congratulations on wanting to quit smoking! VERY GOOD FOR YOU!!!

The best advice I can offer is to be ready to quit and to have a desire to live healthy. Once you start changing your habits to live healthier, smoking will be much easier to quit!

Cold turkey works for some people, and others need a bit more help. I did. If you are looking for something NATURAL that really works, with no side effects, I actually have 2 recommendations. I did both of these and have been cigarette free for 2 years and do not ever have cravings! It is so great, and I just want to share it with anyone who really wants to quit. You WILL stop smoking for good. It will change your life. You can get all the info here:
http://www.optimumlifenow.com/QuitSmokin…


I tried everything (patch, gum, cold turkey, prescription meds, herbal pills, etc.) in the past to quit and nothing worked as good as this. I truly enjoy sharing this program with others. We can all be cigarette free!!!

I wish you the best of luck no matter which of the many available methods you decide to use.

If you are truly ready to quit, you can do it! Congrats, again=)
well I-m gonna base this from personal experience (more than a month ago). 4 hours after i stopped smoking, which was around night time, I-ve felt my heart was kinda pounding hard and having difficulty breathing and having trouble trying to get some sleep. i felt i was gonna have a cardiac arrest. well now i know i was having anxiety attack (panic attacks). back then i didn-t know a thing about nicotine withdrawal and the symptoms it has. one of the stupid i did was trying to smoke a few sticks weeks after. well it was harmless until i got a panic attack inside a theater. finding it hard to breath with my nose i tried rapid mouth breathing.... I-ve over breath and went hyperventilating.

its a good thing your more prepared than me. cause i haven-t have any clue what i was going through. and me living alone kinda raised the anxiety level by a notch. have a friend ready to talk to you when you feel depressed, the net open to check whats happening to you and to reassure yourself that your not dying and its just your body kicking away the toxins from your system. motivate yourself why you have to quit. the first few days would be hard since nicotine can last up to 3 days in your body. good luck girl.
Gratz!

I know some people that got off it fine like they never even looked at a pack before.... -cept weight gain.. Almost everyone I know has had to deal with that part of it.. anywhere from a few pounds to 80...
One thing is definitely common... No matter how long you haven-t smoked you will always in the back of your mind be tempted every now and again. Sometimes every day, sometimes only once every few months.

Just keep up the determination! Absolute best of luck to you :]
And remember... Don-t you dare let go of your will power ^^
good girl!
expect a lot of cravings, but you-re gonna have to find something to suppress them.

I guess you can also expect a lot of support from your friends and family, we will all support you on here!
I-ll support you!
Good luck! xxxxx
All of these answers are terrific and I am pulling for you girly. And weight gain is one of the general things I-ve heard happens because your taste buds will soar and food will taste different to you now. Good luck and we got your back.
You can try other programs out there to help you quit:


http://www.havetoquitsmoking.com/quit-sm…


The first 3 days are usually the toughest as you have to get over the physical addiction... the rest is all mental. Good luck!
You can do it! After over ten years of smoking I quit after I started dating my husband. He didn-t smoke so I didn-t want to either. If you are really serious about it I don-t think you will have any problems.
Get rid of all psychological aspects of smoking.
Alcohol and a cig.
Coffee and a cig.
Smoking to and from work.
expect to be extremly stressed,depressed and tell everyone to stay clear of you for a few weeks lol
Im about to quit smoking cold turkey after 4 years of smoking? -