Question for people who have quit smoking? -

Friday, April 21, 2006

Question for people who have quit smoking? -


What the **************************** do you during a nicotine fit?
I can-t go for a walk right now I can-t even open my front door because of the snow.
Exercising or working out.
Listening to loud music, talking to friends, playing a video game.

Doing anything that works the mind is out, like reading, writing etc. for me... just because I-m already mentally assigned to something.

Chewing gum, toothpicks, things that occupy the mouth help.
When my friend quit he would force himself to do or eat something he hated whenever he felt he really had to smoke. That way you associate the smoking with something unpleasant. For him, cold hard boiled eggs, brussel sprouts and black licorice did it. (not all together...) Those are 3 things he HATES and would gag one of them down if he thought he was going to smoke. By the time he finished eating one of them the moment had passed. If it were me, I would probably choose something like canned sardines, yuck! If I did smoke that would make me stop!!!
I also heard that drinking a large glass of water can help, as it will also help flush the toxins that are coming out. Some people also meditate, close your eyes and concentrate on breathing slowly until it passes...
Good luck.
Question for people who have quit smoking? -