How to quit smoking? -

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

How to quit smoking? -


Dear frndz i smoke 15 to 22 cigs a day, I just want to quit it help me, Generally i m very busy and when I think of quiting it enters my mind and doesn-t let me concentrate on my work till I don-t smoke and drop the idea to quit it.
I m smoking since last 8 yrs and I m 24.
i suggest you gradually decrease the number of cigarete consumption. for example, this week, smoke only 13 instead of the usual 15. then reduce it the week after taking only 11, and so on... because if you will just stop all of a sudden, your body will be shocked and you will crave for it everytime.

by the way, if you are really tempted to smoke, try using lilipop or candies.
you should have will power to quit, othervise you cant
My father too has this problem. A doctor has told him to carry a bag of apple with him. Everytime he wants to smoke he has to eat one of them. It is scientifically proved that apple will reduce the dependency. You will not suceed to stop at once but if you follow these procedures you will be able to stop smoking in three months. Three months is not long as compared to eight years of smoking.

You can also use those patch together with eating apples. I think it will work even better
By wanting to. You are your body. If you don-t care for it then you don-t care for yourself.
Try gum. That-s how I quit. But then I started again. Maybe the first time it was just willpower...which i lost, which lead me to starting again. But yeah...buy lots of you favorite kind of gum and when you want a cig just chew the gum! good luck!
It is very hard to quit smoking. Ciggarets contain nicotine. You may want to consider a doctor-s prescription on medicine that dissolves the nicotine in your body and helps you quit smoking. Other prescriptions can also take out all the tar and smoke in your lungs. Consider seeing a doctor.
If you think you can fight it, tell your brain no, fight it, don-t let it take over you. I hope I help
Try to locate a lung cancer demonstration with real lungs. One will be a smokers, and one a non smoker. It will open your eyes.
One day I just got mad because I had to go to the store for smokes so I bought the patch and used it like I was court ordered to do so. And a big bag of small pretzel sticks help. Sometimes I would start getting a warm feeling and I just rubbed the patch and five minutes later I was calm. I was 24 and now 30
find a new addiction like caffeine drink lots of coffee monster energy drinks and mountain dew
You will be able to quit only when you are truly ready. Don-t force it unless you are determined to never do it again.

While there are many medications available, people still are successful without them. It just takes a tremendous amount of willpower.

I say when you are ready, go cold turkey. You will be in so much pain that you will never want to start smoking again for fear of having to put yourself through this again.
if aperson willing to quit smoking the only helpful method is using the nictine patches.for prices you can search the web for getting relevent prices according to ur poket.
thanks
the only way I have been able to quit is people saying I couldn-t do it or having a bet about non smoking.
Yeah that stuff can just take complete controll (cigs) Ive tryd to quit, NOT EASY! lol nope not at all.. Done everything from chewing nasty gum.. patches... Praying... then one day i thought.. what if i dont give in?? really fight the urge??? LOL that didnt work either. So as it go-s im yet to actualy be a NON smoker someday.

Try scare-n yourself like sayn Smoking well one day have its toll. One day you well find your lungs to be to weak to keep you alive.. Think ahead say 15 years and what you may be suffering from if you dont stop smoking now. So each time you pick up a cig think about the side effects of smoking each time you take a puff. such side effects as death. Good Luck.
Use nicotine patches to help you quit smoking. They have this plan to help you step by step by quiting. Its called NicoDerm Cq. Also you can chew nicotine gum that usually helps.

NicoDerm, also known as NicoDerm CQ (short for Committed Quit or Committed Quitter) is a branded over the counter palliative nicotine replacement therapy which is used to ameliorate the withdrawal effects involved in quitting smoking.

Alternative brand names include Prostep?, Habitrol?, NiQuitin?, Nicotrol?, Nicorette, and Commit?.
use nicotine
I quit cold turkey 53 days ago....the first two weeks are the hardest. Everyday for the first couple of weeks I would watch this video
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/398563/qui…


and I would look up -smokers lungs pictures- and saw how nasty it looked to remind myself how my lungs looked. Also, I joined www.quitnet.com

Good Luck, I know its hard.
cold turkey. or rat poison
Contact the Quitline and join a Quit Smoking Clinic.
Think about the corporation making a fat profit on getting you hooked. Really. Envision them laughing at you when you-re weak and aging faster then you ought to because of all the poisons.
How to quit smoking? -