How do you deal with irritability from quitting smoking? -

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

How do you deal with irritability from quitting smoking? -


I quit last Weds (1/10/07) and am taking Chantix. I have been really irritable and find myself getting depressed, feeling guilty, etc. I exercise, eat right, talk with people I trust. What else can I do? I also take antidepressants.
You may want to read this article
http://nitzitry.notlong.com/
i found, will be useful also has info on different treatments and should help with your depression. And some natural remedies which will help cheer people up.
I would recommend talking to your doctor.
i took some medication before i quit and that help be calmer.
If it-s just from quitting smoking, the problem is TEMPORARY. You say you-re taking antidepressants, so it looks like you haven-t told the whole story.

I quit smoking so many times I lost count of how many times I lost count, and then one time it finally worked. I haven-t had a cigarette in 31 years and I have no more desire to smoke one than to put one in my ear.
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! Keep it that way, be strong-minded, stay to it. We know it-s not easy.

What antidepressants are you taking? Since when are you taking them?

You should talk to your doctor that this Chantrix that I-ve never heard of can interfere with your antidepressants. Maybe you just haven-t found the right antidepressant for you. Go on webmd.com and find the forum for depression where you can talk about how you feel, what you-re taking, etc. You can find some support there.

good luck
You can-t just quit. You have to reduce the amount of your cigarettes first, then quit. That-s what I did and I manage to quit without any drugs or medication. But I don-t exactly call that I quit smoking, because I still smoke one cigarette per month and that helps a lot. Consider it paying your dues for one month without any cigarettes.
How do you deal with irritability from quitting smoking? -