How to quit smoking ? -

Friday, May 9, 2008

How to quit smoking ? -


has anyone out there got any tips for quiting smoking from personal experince ??
stop
Try the commit lozenges they worked well for me.

Mostly it-s a behavior issue.

After the cravings disappear,-you need to work hard on this- change routines surrounding your smoking habits.

Plan ahead set a quit date Do not allow people to smoke around you, or in your house. Get non- smoking friends who have successfully quit. be patient with your self and exercise.
Just stop! It worked for me.
If you-ve been a long-term smoker than quitting cold turkey is going to be much, much harder than if you haven-t smoked that long. The first thing is you have to be really motivated to quit. The patches and nicotine gum work pretty well. You gradually withdrawn from the nicotine. I found Zyban to be extremely helpful. Going cold turkey I would have severe withdrawal symptoms for several days but on the Zyban (generic name bupropion or amfebutamone, also available under the brand name Wellbutrin for depression) I only experienced very minor withdrawal symptoms for one or two days. If you can get through the first five days or so each day will become easier. If you do succeed in quitting don-t EVER TAKE EVEN ONE PUFF off a cigarette. Good luck.
When I stopped smoking, I quit cold turkey. I ate a lot of salad and vegetables. It helped me to replenish vitamins and minerals that I didn-t have because of smoking. I made a habit out of eating fruit and vegetables instead. Before I knew it, I no longer smoked!
I was never a smoker. But my father smoked heavily for years.

He quit cold turkey when he had to go into the hospital for appendicitis.

Gum will probably help, if you need to put something in your mouth. And you will need to take up a hobby that will keep you busy so you won-t be tempted to reach for the cigarettes

I-ve also heard of people who would keep jars to put the money into that they would have spent on cigarettes. It-s quite gratifying watching it fill up.

Good luck!
You have to intentionally decide to, you already know it-s the right thing so you-re half way there!
Every fifteen minutes or so... don-t have one.
Just make up your mind to quit and you will.
jog everyday and gradually you will hate it....dont force your self to leave it....just let your body decides and you will be amayzed ;)
I have tried many things to stop. I smoked 3 packs a day. I smoked so much it was more than my car payments every month. The best program I have used is the -quit smoking right now program- http://tinyurl.com/yag6v4
They helped me go cold turkey and never look back. In fact, I can have a cigarette now and not want another one. That-s how great it works.
I used the patch as well, and didn-t smoked for 2 months but had headaches every day. the mental part is hell, no question. what worked for me is chewing big red gum, (no other flavor helped, kinda strange), and changing your habits. if you normally wake up and smoke while drinking coffee, take a walk instead and have coffee when you get back. you really have to do something totally different at those times when you would normally be smoking. it-s hard to do, but someone told me that the mental craving of a cigarette only lasts for 7 minutes, so, if you can get past that 7 minutes, it-ll be easier! I suggest you invest in yourself and then put the money you are saving into a jar and watch it grow, then buy yourself a nice reward for quitting. good luck to you!
Wow, the hardest thing I-ve ever done was when I decided to quit smoking. There is no easy way to do it! I just stop cold turkey and it was so ruff, but it made me stronger. It taught me to be able to tell other people NO!. When I did smoke and I didn-t want to do something for someone (family, friend, husband) I would just give in and go smoke. So it a tough but it will make you so much stronger and not to mention the sense of smell - taste. I have been smoke free for 9 years. Every blue blue moon I will crave for a cigarrette or reach for one out of and old habit.
Best of luck!!
How to quit smoking ? -