I need to quit smoking because I am pregnant. my problems with quitting are I get real angry, I get tired ? -

Monday, May 12, 2008

I need to quit smoking because I am pregnant. my problems with quitting are I get real angry, I get tired ? -


all the time and I get light headed can someone please offer me some advice? I already know all the bad smoking does.
Every day you smoke the baby is not getting as much oxygen via your blood stream as he/she should. So NOT quitting is potentially hurting the baby.

Being tired goes with being pregnant for a lot of women, so I-m not sure what you are feeling is the fault of trying to quit. If it IS the lack of nicotine, those sensations will pass in about 1-2 weeks, as will the anger and light-headedness. Those are all signs of nicotine withdrawal... and the body flushes out nicotine fairly quickly... as I said 1-2 weeks. You can speed up the process by drinking lots of water, fruit juices, milk, and other non-caffeinated, non-alcoholic liquids.
Smoking is more of a psychological addiction than a physical one. If you really want to quit you must discover the reasons why you smoke and then eliminate or change these thought processes. Once you deal with the psychological side of smoking it makes the quitting process easy, no matter your level of addiction.

Most companies who sell quit smoking aids admit to this on their websites. They say to use their products in conjunction with a psychological support program. Why? Because without one the chances of quitting are greatly reduced. In reality the psychological program does most of the work. The quit smoking aids are more of a helping hand and are often unnecessary.

It is key to stay positive, don-t focus on the cravings. Keep the reasons why you quit in the first place (your baby) circling through your head. This will keep your spirit and motivation high. Cravings will ease as a result.

Visit our site to join our inspirational 12 day e-course. You can also download our free book -36 Powerful Superfoods- to help fight weight gain and start mending damage caused by smoking. For more information and to post your opinion about the products you have tried, visit the following website.

Good luck to you, all the best with your pregnancy
This is something you really need to discuss with your doctor. Quitting effects the baby as well, and you will not be able to use most quit smoking aides.

Also, call your local cancer agencies and ask them to send you booklets about quitting while pregnant. And go to your local bookstore to buy Allen Carr-s book on quitting smoking. If you read it, it will help. It may seem goofy in some parts, but if you take the actual point of it, it will help.

Also know that cravings only last 2 minutes. So sip on some water when you have one, or walk around the block.

You can also join this site:


http://www.quitnet.com


Its free and I think you will benefit from it.
Withdraw can be almost unbearable for a lot of people trying to quit smoking. This is why there are so many smoking cessation aids on the market. However, since you-re pregnant these aids are not available to you. You will have to think of the life of your unborn child and go cold turkey. Good luck to you.
Try replacing it with a food. You need to probably up your food intake to help curve your cravings. You need to anyways since your pregnant. Find a favorite snack that you just LOVE and when you get the urge just start snacking.

You really don-t break bad habits, you just replace them with a new bad habit so be careful.
I-m pregnant and I quit smoking the day i found out!! Do it for you-re baby... The tiredness and getting light headed is all part of being pregnant so don-t let that be you-re excuse for not quiting. Just do it for you-re self and most of all for you-re unborn child!!!!
just do it. The headaches are withdrawals from the nicotine. If you quit for the entire pregnancy don-t start smoking again.
you get like that cos your body is craving the nicotine. Its the nicotine fit.
I would suggest you replace it with a hobby or your favorite snack. :D


congrats on the baby!
get a little fresh air take walks, that wil lhelp open up the lungs and get your lungs feeling better..in turn your body will promote energy and you wont think about smoking so much
Kids make you angry and tired too. Take some responsibility.
Talk to your doctor maybe he/she can help u.

Maybe trying eating fruits in place of smokes.
I need to quit smoking because I am pregnant. my problems with quitting are I get real angry, I get tired ? -