I have quit smoking for 5 weeks and still crave daily, is that normal.? -

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I have quit smoking for 5 weeks and still crave daily, is that normal.? -


I would have thought that by now I would not be craving - thought they are fairly manageble. I smoked for 20 years.
After five weeks, what you are now feeling is more than likely not cravings but rather habits. I quit smoking years ago and the process was easy for me once I learned the difference. I wanted a cigarette because I thought my body craved one, just had to have one. But in reality, I wanted a cigarette because I was doing something or in a situation when I would have normally lit a cigarette without thinking twice about. Habits can be easily broken.
Yes. There-s a lot of unfortunate nonsense out there about how nicotine withdrawal is over in two weeks, but it can and frequently does last much longer than that. The strength of the cravings depend on how much and long you smoked, and how sensitive to nicotine you are. As some say, they may never go away entirely, but they-ll keep getting milder for as long as a year.
i quit about 1 year ago and every now and then i think i want a cigarette, but at one point, i took a puff from a friends cigarette and ended up choking..sort of like i had never smoked before...as it turns out, after all the years of smoking, i really just missed the idea of smoking and not the reality...but cravings are normal and you just have to ignore them and focus on the fact that you quit for a reason. Good luck!
I was thinking very often about smoking for months after i stopped. That was 12 years ago. It was one of the best things i ever did in my life. To be able to say -I quit smoking- still makes me feel good.

Stay with it, it gets easier as you go along and you will feel so proud of yourself when the craving finally dies down. GOOD LUCK.
Sometimes u need to change the things u did that would trigger the want for a smoke ex. cup of coffee and a cigarete when u have coffee u want a cigarete u have trained your mind for so many years that it only seems natural to have a cigarete with coffee, the physical addiction for nicotine is gone after only 3 days the rest is mental, it worked for me
It is very normal to still think that a cigarette would taste good. Fight the urge and in time the urge will lighten up. For some it takes years and others not so long. Be patient with yourself and at the same time be very proud that you have quit.
yes! that is very normal!
there are a lot of people experience craving for how many years.
so dont be worried.
u are in a good pahtway of quitting smoking!
^_^ goodluck!
yes, but at this point its all in your head. it takes one week for your body to rid itself of nicotine. everything after that is up to you
Yes, normal.
Thank you for quitting!!
And good luck.
yes thats normal, the cravings could last the rest of your life but if you manage them they go. Keep at it
I have quit smoking for 5 weeks and still crave daily, is that normal.? -