Has anyone lost the will to live once they quit smoking cigarettes? -

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Has anyone lost the will to live once they quit smoking cigarettes? -


I quit smoking on new years day (this year). Its been almost two weeks. i have never contemplated suicide in my life, but this week i have felt rage and anger (two emotions i am not used to as i am a very passive and peaceful person) and have had extreme suicidal tendencies. the last few mornings i-ve woken up wanting to kill myself and once i arrive at work i feel like killing all of my coworkers. has anyone expirenced this before? i almost feel like its worth smoking cigarettes than dealing with this madness. i feel like i am going insane. i would rather die of cancer in 20-30 years than kill myself because of this feeling!
Yes,so I started again.Good luck!jeremy
Please go to Nicotene Anonymous. Here-s the link:
http://www.nicotine-anonymous.org/


Look up a meeting in your area and go to a meeting TONIGHT after work, and tell someone at the meeting that you-re going through a difficult withdrawal right now and ask for help.

Go to a different meeting again tomorrow -- two meetings on the weekend if you can. Going to more than one meeting will help you find one you feel most comfortable with. Keep going to meetings at least once a week, preferably more if you can. I know it-s time-consuming to attend meetings, and if you-re not familiar with 12-step programs it may all seem strange at first, but you really need the fellowship and practical support from other people who have gone through the exact same thing. Good luck, my friend.
Good heavens, no. If you are contemplating suicide it has nothing to do with smoking. Stopping smoking does not cause that kind of withdrawal. Impossible. If you think that smoking will help you through this, then PLEASE go get some. But you do need help. Big time.
If you are suicidal, please call 1-800-273-TALK or 911.
(1-800-273-8255)
You are sick...if cigarettes mean that much to you, why did you quit? Do your co-workers a favor and take-up the habit again...
I quit not to long ago myself after 10 years of smoking. See your doctor. There are med-s that are used to help you quit. It-s not like you will be on them forever, just a month or so until it gets easier. And it will get easier. Nicotin does so much to your body, you don-t even realize until you don-t have it anymore. The patch helps, too. It is expensive but it does help the craving and it gives your body the nicotine level you need to be able to function until you can wing yourself off. Good luck and God bless. I believe you can do it. If I did it anyone can.
Hi, to be honest not given up smoking and won-t definately after your experience, but re the will to live - I loose it on a daily basis at work. Geeee I need to change my job!!
dont give into the cigarettes......I quit smoking on new years day too........it will pass......and you will be glad you stuck with your new resolution.......chew some gum......think about other things.......hang in there.....
Has anyone lost the will to live once they quit smoking cigarettes? -