How do I get my parents to quit smoking? -

Sunday, January 4, 2009

How do I get my parents to quit smoking? -


I-m going to Florida really soon and my parents keep saying they are going to quit smoking but they never do... I also hate the stink of it ..
[If that helps..]
You can-t-I-ve been nagging about the smell since I was 5 years old, and the health dangers since I was about 12, and I-m now 42 and still they smoke. My mum has a horrible smokers cough and my dad had a myocardial infarction last year-he came off them for a few months but mum didn-t and so he started back again.

You can-t force them to do something they don-t want to do, sorry. I-ve given up now-they can smoke themselves to death as long as they don-t smoke around me or in my house (I had 18 years of passive smoking and won-t take any more).
Well my mom only smokes and she is actually almost totally cured by taking this new thing where you take a pill a day for a couple weeks and makes you quit. But you can try telling them all the bad things about it thats what i do. But you can-t make them quit because they will most likely quit when they want to quit but you can push them in the right direction. I always told my mom like when she smoked eww and i would say your making everyone around you inhale that too. Then in health class i learned how bad it was for you so i told her all the stuff i learned.


Hope i helped =]
Hi There!

Smoking is one of the hardest habits to give up.

I have tried everything but this really helped me!

The resource below may help you!
you simply can-t sorry to say...to quit smoking they have to be serious about it themselves as it will be their own will power that will get them through quitting.
How do I get my parents to quit smoking? -