If you were a smoker, would you quit smoking if you had heart problems and your doctor told you to stop smokin? -

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

If you were a smoker, would you quit smoking if you had heart problems and your doctor told you to stop smokin? -


I quit because I wanted to spend as much time as I can with my son. Besides when your son says to you one day -Daddy do you want to die?- and when you ask him why he says -because you smoke and all people who smoke get sick faster or die faster-.

If that isn-t an eye opener I don-t know what would be. To me that has more impact than what any doctor can say.

I quit smoking when I was 29. Its been a year since I smoked.
Yes. I had to deal with my father having a heart attack when I was in 5th grade. Now, going on two years ago, my father was told he needed to have a pacemaker put in.. he delayed it and delayed it.. Finially made the appt. Few days before the appointment, he called my mom to get a prescription refilled and she noticed something was wrong with his voice.. she told him she was going to call 911 because he was the only person at his work at the time.. by the time the paramedics got there, is heart was beating 20 times per min. The average heart rate is 60-80. Needless to say, he got his pacemaker put in.
I would never smoke because I do not want to put my children through what I had to go through with almost loosing my father.. but in YOURRRR case.. I dont know if you are a male or female, a parent or not a parent... but think of the consequences you face if you do not stop smoking. Doctors dont just get their MD a the end of their name overnight... they know what they are talking about. If they say stop, you better stop or face consequences. Luckily my dad stopped after his heart attack because he wanted to walk me down the isle one day and to see me grow. His heart just in the long run had so much wear and tear on it that he had future problems. So, listen to the doctors so your family don-t have to go through what I had to go through. Good luck and I wish the best for you!
Smoking is one pre dispositions to heart issues , try going to the heart foundation web site and look under smoking and heart issues and you will find there is a Lotte of evidence about smoking and heart issues
consider that smoking may have been partly the reason that you now have heart problems. Of course, you should stop smoking--give your arteries and lungs a break from the stress on them from smoking.
If you were a smoker, would you quit smoking if you had heart problems and your doctor told you to stop smokin? -