Are there any natural remedies to help quit smoking? -

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Are there any natural remedies to help quit smoking? -


I-ve decided to quit smoking today - but rather than using nicotine replacement gum or patches I was wondering whether anyone knows any natural remedies that work just as well?

I haven-t just randomly quit I decided last week and decided today was the start!

Thanks :o)
xxx
I have been smoking for ten years now, and i never quit. I tried chantex pills, patches, gum everything nothing works. Cold turkey is the best way for you to quit, but you need tremendous will power. First you need to tell your friends and family that you may be a little more agitated for a while because you decided to quit. Then you need to get rid of all your lighters and things that remind you of smoking. Also try to avoid smokers and smoke pits. If you end up around smokers, sun flower seeds could help you because you have something in your mouth still. Also running is probably one of the best ways to get rid of that urge.
Other than willpower? : )

Well, I drank lots of water, sucked on a candy or chewed gum instead and enrolled in a gym to start exercising at least twice a week. You can also take up a sport, any sport activity like swimming, rock climbing or maybe biking. It took some time, but I was able to cut down from 3 packs a day to two, to one and then to just a few sticks until I finally could do without lighting one up a day. Although sometimes when I-ve had too many beers I still end up lighting a stick or two out of habit, but since I-ve also decided to cut down my alcohol intake to only during special occasions, I-ve been able to control that too. It-s ok if you fail at first, which is normal for former heavy chain smokers like me, just don-t give up trying and don-t expect to be able to quit overnight. Hope that helps and good luck.
It took me about 6 years to quit and I used the patches just to get me through the first weeks, then I only used them for a couple of days and I was quitting for between 3 and 9 months...
I just kept making excuses to have a smoke again and eventually I would succumb to my excuses and I would just go and buy a packet of rollies and I was back on the -gaspers- once again...

You must be mentally ready to quit and to stay quit, make a plan and stick to it, if you go back to smoking, well all is not lost, it-s just a set back, so plan, and quit again, that-s how it worked for me...

I have been quit and smell like I should for 3 years - 2 months in exactly 1 hour and 38 minutes, (that-s true)...

There is no easy way to quit, it comes from within you, not any drug..
Good Luck...
In Light... )O(
See this site to learn why the way to quit is to smoke a cigarette with more nicotine in it first. Then you can break your addiction to the 100 additives they add to make it impossible for you to quit.

http://phifoundation.org/cure2.html

Yep. Will power. Oh, and don-t forget self-control.
3 day hump.

Don-t smoke for 3 days.

...with willpower, u mean
Are there any natural remedies to help quit smoking? -