I quit smoking for 4 months and my anger levels increased a lot? -

Thursday, September 3, 2009

I quit smoking for 4 months and my anger levels increased a lot? -


I quit smoking on July 1st and I noticed that my anger levels went through the roof. I was sooooo mad ALL the time. At the time I didn-t think it was from not smoking. Especially after the 3rd month, I really thought I just had increased anger. Anyway, it got really bad, and I started smoking again recently. Since then, my anger is GONE. Is it normal to have such high anger even after 4 months of not smoking? I-m taking Wellbutrin and working on quitting again (I started back up with the intent to quit again as soon as this semester ended).
i understand completley.i cant seem to kick the habit for the same reason.i allready have a temper,if i dont smoke i get worse.they have a strong patch you could try.something around 24mg
NRT (nocotine replacement therapy) just leaves you addicted to nicotine. At 4 months you should become more like the person you were before you ever took nicotine into your system. Visit the free all volunteer website whyquit.com to learn about how to quit smoking.


Report Abuse



Most peoples anger level goes way up when they quit smoking, but it seems to taper off after a few weeks and Nicotine is out of they system, Nicotine is a very complex drug, one of the very few that can affect us in 2 different ways. It can be a tranquilizer or speed us up, this is what I have read anyway. Every ones ability to quit smoking varies, just keep trying. Your doctor should be able to help you out with this! The truth is, quitting is really tough, if you aren-t highly motivated especially. My case was, quit or die, very motivated!
Good luck.
well ur stressed
Listen thats all an excuse ... If you quit smoking then you should-ve stayed focused and not started again! Your anger only coudlve increased because YOU WERE NOT READY to quit!!! If you were mentally physically ready to quit, nothing in the world would-ve made you start again! It will be harder to quit again UNLESS you are ready to not smoke anymore! GOOD LUCK
you are frustrated because you have to smoke,your body feels uncomfortable not smoking...use nicotine tablets...it is much moer effective in quitting smoking
DEFECTIVES
Its all mind over matter. My husband was the same always snapping at me and the kids. It was only after a huge argument that he began to control his anger he tends to stop himself from snapping at us. And no he hasnt had a smoke since. About 3 months now.
withdrawls?
Kava Kava and Valerian will reduce thestress and frustration. Sam-e will address any depression (which may be triggering your anger). Good luck, I know you can kick it! I don-t smoke, but when I feel a tantrum coming on I down 3 or 4 Kava Kava - it calms me down.
i think it-s normal, but maybe you-re just thinking about stuff too much. after u start smoking again, you make yourself believe that smoking is what you needed but it-s probably not
I quit smoking for 4 months and my anger levels increased a lot? -