What is the most % way to quit smoking? -

Saturday, September 12, 2009

What is the most % way to quit smoking? -


For my dad no one helps me
Perhaps the nicorette activestop program might help.
take the cigerttes from his and flush them
Try to get more information regarding some ways to stop smoking at my profile.
Have him quit cold turkey.

Tips from Amer. Lung Assoc.

Cut straws in 1/2. Suck on it. Smokers are used to taking in more oxygen than non-smokers.
Snack on celery - carrot sticks (size of cigarette);
Suck on sugarless hard candy;
Chew sugarless gum;
Play with pen;
Change habits IE: If used to having cigarette with coffee after dinner, change beverage or do without;
Do deep breathing: Inhale thru nose, exhale thru mouth, rest.
Do each for count of 3. Do for 5 minutes at a time.
Exercise:IE: walking.

If needed try acupuncture. It really works.

Good luck to your dad - you.
Well, first let me say that I wish your dad success. I quit about 13 years ago and I-ll tell you what I did: first, I surrounded my self with people who didn-t smoke. I quit cold turkey and it was really tough for the first three weeks, then it got gradually a little bit better and eventually, the urges stopped. I also used a straw to suck on instead of cigarettes and that helped a LOT. I know that nicotine patches help people but the highest success comes with ex-smokers talking to each other and giving support. I also avoided alcohol for months, because I used to like to smoke when I drank. I also really wanted to quit for my health, so I did. I am SO glad that I-m healthy and smoke free. Quitting smoking was one of my proudest accomplishments. Again, my best to your Dad.
What is the most % way to quit smoking? -