How can I get my dad to quit smoking? -

Sunday, September 27, 2009

How can I get my dad to quit smoking? -


He-s a serious smoker. Any suggestions? =.=
you can-t get him to quit only he can do it and even if he really wants to its a very hard thing to stop i am struggling with that myself. Just support him and love him if he tries and fails understand
A couple thoughts that may or may not work

Got one of those small picture machines or a digital camera and a printer

Make up some small pictures of you and a note

-Please quit for me- stick in his cig pack

Make a copy of this


http://www.lungusa.org/site/pp.asp?c=dvL…


Copy online articles about second hand smoke and show him whats it-s doing to you



I quit a 5 pack a day habit but I did it on my own
i don-t know. if you figure it out, let me know, please. my dad has been smoking his entire life, and i-ve spent the last 13 years trying to convince him to quit.
Tell him you-ll start smoking hardcore if he doesn-t try to quit.
Try to ask him to light for the next cigarette always in different and not the usual time /ex.to the coffee, or after dinner as always was before/. Ask him try to limit those smokes 1 in every hour.After you can offer a glass of tomato juice, instead of the cigarette.One of my friend could quit with tomato juice, so he can do it too.He has to think about you too, that the second hand smoking is dangerous as well.Maybe he can buy some Nicorette gums, what helps to reduce or quit people smoking.Wish you luck!
It is great that you are thinking about your father and want him to quit smoking. There are a number of smoking cessation aids available.

Patches are good in reducing the nicotine craving but they do not do anything to reduce the nicotine withdrawal symptoms.

Nicotine withdrawal symptoms are mood swings, anxiety, depression, insomina, irritibility and restlessness. These symptoms appear in varying degrees in different people depending upon the length of time they have smoked. It is vital to reduce these symptoms in the early phase of quitting so that it helps the person in staying away from smoking.

There are a number of aids available, personally I would prefer a natural or herbal remedy for 2 reasons. One, such remedy has no side effects and second it is effective.

For further information visit the following source
nicotine patch. stage 1
I remember when I was little, like eight maybe, my dad smoked and I brought home one of those signs from when my class did a alk around the block. We were trying to get people to stop smoking and I showed it to my dad and soon later I remember he stopped, I always though that was why, I still like thinking of it that way. Maybe you could show your dad that it has really affected you, and you would really appreciate it if he stoped. Buy him the gum and put it in his pockets or something to show him you are serious. Anything to get him healthier.
either steal a cig and replace some tobacco with a firecracker or make a big fuss about how you want him to be around for your kids and hes killing himself etc.
How can I get my dad to quit smoking? -