Hi!! Im 23 yrs old.I tell myself i quit smoking after every pack i smoke. Next thing you know im at it AGAIN.? -

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hi!! Im 23 yrs old.I tell myself i quit smoking after every pack i smoke. Next thing you know im at it AGAIN.? -


I have been smoking for 7 years and ive tried to quit a million times. Im never going to quit trying to do that because im not a quitter. My question is How do i quit smoking when i think about it all the time? I also get this horrible feeling at my throat if i don-t smoke. How do i stop this feeling?
I have been there. You Can be a quitter but you just have to make it happen. The first 5 days are awful but then it gets better after that but you may have to live with the fact that you will never -get over it- You just have to work with it 1 day at a time. Good luck.
This is radical advice, but full proof. Take a cup full of urine, dip a whole pack in it one by one, let them dry over night. Then smoke the whole pack in one day, even as you are about to get sick smoke all 20 of them. The stink and the taste will stay with you for a while. The next day after that you will both crave a smoke and reject it at once. Tell your self that, yeah you can have a smoke, but only if you soak it in urine first. Before long you will not want a cig at all. I hope this helps! Good luck.
ok i was a heavy smoker for bout 8 years and now a non smoker for almost 3 years!!!

I wouldnt really recomend it but i was on the 21mg patches to begin with n put on 3 patches one night to stop me smoking wen out drinking with my friends.

i was really sick from it that night (drink didnt help) but had no patches for a week n no fags for a week as the thought made me really sick. a week later i slowly went back on patches n had the inhaler when times were really tough as it gave me the same feeling as inhaling a fag.

after a few months i only had the inhaler once in a blut moon. a year later i had 1 fag n felt really sick from it so now i know ill never smoke again coz id b sick from it.

like i said i wouldnt recomend a nic overdose like i did but stick to patches n inhaler as it works if u really want it to.

Good luck!!!!!!!
I hv quit the same ..jst 5 days back...
whn ever going to buy the cig pack.. go for smthin else of same price instead...n thn apreciate urself fr not smoking ...also start feeling healthier everyday......
checkout these facts.....

At 20 minutes after quitting:

?Blood pressure decreases
?Pulse rate drops
?Body temperature of hands and feet increases.

At 8 hours:

?Carbon monoxide level in blood drops to normal
?Oxygen level in blood increases to normal

At 24 hours:
?Chance of a heart attack decreases

At 48 hours:

?nerve endings begin regrowth
?ability to smell and taste improves
I quit in June. I took Zyban (also called Bupropion) for 2 weeks. I smoked the first week and tapered off the second. Then the medicine started giving me a fever at night (which is not normal). I was one of the people that had fever as a side effect. So, I laid down the cigs and the meds. And I haven-t had a cigarette since. I may smoke like a chimney tomorrow, but I didn-t have one today. :) Good luck and best wishes! --
Hi!! Im 23 yrs old.I tell myself i quit smoking after every pack i smoke. Next thing you know im at it AGAIN.? -