I Quit smoking , best way to lose extra pounds? -

Saturday, September 12, 2009

I Quit smoking , best way to lose extra pounds? -


Quit smoking 2 months ago, gained about 10 extra lbs, can-t seem to get it off even with eating less, working out more than I did before I quit?
Hi, guess what, I quit smoking 2 months ago too. Weird.

I don-t eat breakfast or lunch and have dinner really late. I know this doesn-t sound very healthy, but by the next day I feel thinner. I was up to 165 lbs. (my normal weight is 155) and I did this for two weeks and I lost the weight again, but sad to say right now I am yo-yoing. I certainly want to eat stuff and I tend to snack a lot to mask the cigarette urges, but there comes a point where you just realize you have to sit there and suffer because you-re not getting another cigarette. So, I manage the same with food. If I can sit through the cigarette cravings, I can manage the food cravings too.

I know you said you have been eating less, but not less enough. This is not going to be a preferred answer, I-m just saying that-s the only thing that works for me. I get lots of diet advice from people who have been unable to lose weight for decades, so . . .
CARDIO !
did you try fasting? if not you will just have to be a 5 by 5 by 5
no junk eating at all, smaller portions and walk 2 miles a day. it works
www.alissacohen.com Tough, but it works. I lost 12 pounds in a week.
I know this is going to sound horrible, but I think it is impossible to loose weight that you gain from quitting smoking. I quit smoking and gained 12 pounds and I could not loose it. I went on every web site and bottom line when you quit smoking it slows your metabolism down, that is why you gain and can-t loose. I about had a fit. Unfortunately, I started smoking again, and guess what no additional activity and no dieting and I lost the weight. I guess the thing to do is loose about 15 pounds before you stop smoking and then quit and the extra 10-12 won-t matter. Good Luck!
Don-t eat fried foods. My sister recently lost a ton of weight in just 3 months by simply not eating fried foods.
its called EXERCISE! do it
I hear you. I quit smoking 3 months ago and I have gained over 10 pounds. I told myself that I was going to accept the weight and work hard to take it off. But I am in a big-time FUNK, and can-t get the energy to get off the couch.
I Quit smoking , best way to lose extra pounds? -