Has anyone ever quit smoking and never even felt like having a puff ever again? -

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Has anyone ever quit smoking and never even felt like having a puff ever again? -


Me! I was ill in November 2007 (nothing smoking related but I was a smoker) and had the huge misfortune to spend some time in and out of hospital. During that time I saw many people suffering from respiratory diseases. I had just turned 41 and decided that smoking was a ridiculous idea - I just couldn-t bear the thought of having to spend any more time in hospital than absolutely necessary. And it dawned on me that by smoking I was increasing my chances of seeing the inside of that building by a massive percentage. I stopped then and there and haven-t had a single puff since. Give it up - you know it makes sense!
Several times.

I am now 3 years since the last time I smoked anything (it was an after dinner cigar in January 2006 at the grave of a soldier who died in the Battle of the Somme who had the same name as me and was related in some way)

I always never want a puff when someone lights up in my vicinity. I therefore stay away from places where people smoke. Luckily, there are fewer and fewer such places left, and my friends do not smoke either.
Erm!! does thirty seven years count?
That is my tally so far and it will increase for as long as I live.
P.S. I am in great shape at present all Hail And Hearty with the lungs of a Norse wind..
Yeah, it-s like an epiphany. You just light one up one day and say to yourself,- How disgusting is that?- and never do it again.
Yes i have stopped a year and half now and went to shop for some last night... I didn-t buy any! But nearly did. And had one at new year. Tho cravings very rare, they do happen.x Oopppssssss miss read that thought it said -FELT LIKE HAVING.- my bad
I still smoke but a lady i know, about 65 in age, smoked since she was ten, had a 80 a day habit just decided one day, this will be my last fag (cigarette) and has not touched one since!



lol F a G is a bad word!!!
Yes. Once I had stopped I developed an intense dislike of the smell of them within a matter of days. I still find the smell totally abhorrent.
My wife claims she never craves it. Living with an ex-smoker can be challenging sometimes when you still smoke.
I quit 5 years ago and never looked back since. It can be done.
Yeah. Looking back on it I don-t know why I smoked.
Has anyone ever quit smoking and never even felt like having a puff ever again? -