How did you quit smoking? -

Friday, July 25, 2014

How did you quit smoking? -


There are many ways to help yourself - nicotine patches, gum, drinking water every time you feel like smoking (it-s what I did), exercising (to feel the benefits of being a non-smoker), keeping yourself busy so you don-t think about cigarettes too often etc. But none of those will help if you don-t have a good reason to stop. I-ve tried quitting many times but the real success came after I realized that cigarettes were controlling my life and it pissed me off real bad :-) My dad quit after 40 years of heavy smoking because of ill health (I hope that-s not why you are trying, yet). Quitting smoking takes a lot of will power and one must be at least a bit stubborn to make it through the process. Ah, and another piece of advice, try avoiding activities that were connected with smoking while you were a smoker - like drinking alcohol, having long coffee breaks etc, instead go for walks in the fresh air and swimming in the pool (this way you-ll actually get the feeling of the damage cigarettes have done on your lungs). Hm... and when you watch your friends with cigarettes in their mouths laugh on the inside at the thought that you are so much stronger than these pitiful addicts... I hope I helped a little :-) Good-luck!
Never started to have to quit.
I never started.
I quit back before there were patches and medicine. I quit by chewing tobacco. It satified my nicotine urge. Later I quit chewing because it grossed out the women!
This probably won-t help you very much, but here goes anyway. I tried to start smoking today after twenty two years without a cigarette. I really tried, I went to the shop and bought twenty Benson and Hedges and a box of matches. (Aren-t cigarettes a price now). Anyway I popped one in my mouth and lit the match, but do you know try as I may I just couldn-t do it. So there you are, you wanted to stop and I tried to start.Life-s cruel isn-t it?
Buddy .. u need to decide firmly that u want to QUIT. In mind and heart. then u will find many ways.. i Quit after a one month try.. i reduced to 50 % each time and used to chew Gums when i felt irritating.. chewing gums mde me feel good. After a couple of months i Quit fully
After 20 years I quit using Zyban. It-s a pill you get from the doctor. You take it for 2 weeks and trust me you will be so happy when the day comes that you can have your last one. It worked for me but you have to want to give up. I quit 6 months ago.
its mind over matter...i don-t care what anyone says..those drugs and patches they give you..they don-t work...tell your self you can get threw it slowly cut down and then just stop...it will be hard for a few weeks but if you keep telling your self you can do it,,you will. try chewing gum or lolly pops.. keep your self occupied.. and good luck.. remember your mind if greater then anything and if you keep telling yourself you can do it ...you can
I guess all those people who said just do it never had the habit. For me it was multiple times of trying and using many methods when I did try. What worked was finally being sick of coughing and not being able to smell anything. I got sick of smoking. What helped was Wellbutrin and a support group. That was almost 6 years ago and I haven-t had a cigarette since then. Not that I haven-t wanted one I just haven-t lit up. Much easier to do now then it was in the beginning and the urge comes much less often. I guess you could say I am almost a non-smoker now.
As Nike ad suggest , - just do it - .
bottom line is you have to want to!
How did you quit smoking? -