Has anyone tried Wellbutrin to quit smoking? -

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Has anyone tried Wellbutrin to quit smoking? -


My husband-s dr. gave him the RX, but he is really worried about it. He-s never taken an anti-depressant, and he-s afraid he-ll become a different person. What can he expect, and will it really help him to quit?
I took it for a few years with no effect really , it didn-t help me quit smoking . I hope it helps your husband quit , the smoking ruined my lungs nearly completely . I think cold turkey works best but it-s incredibly difficult . Good luck to him I hope he can quit , Tell him to remind himself that no one has ever died from stopping smoking .
Yes it does help very well,i was on it and i got bad headaches and felt really alive but couldnt sleep.I stoped taking it because of the headaches
I took Zyban, which I-m told is the same. Later, I had a doc give me Prozac . Neither caused a personality change. If he wants to quit and will follow the program it will work for him.


Prozac is prescribed to combat Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, which is why many of us smoke.
My doctor gave it to me to help quit smoking but he said the only reason he gave it to me is because my insurance does not pay for the patch or other remedies to quit. He said it would help calm my nerves while trying to stop. I took it for a while but it did nothing to stop me from smoking. As a matter of fact it didn-t do anything at all.
wellbutrin is mainly prescribed as an anti-depressant, not quitting smoking, however, unless your husband is depressed, i would suggest he try another method.....why take a medication for one thing when his issue is smoking
You are more restless, don-t get as much sleep and it helps cut the craving. But the way I finally quit was to just stop buying and bumming them.
I tried it and all it did was make me shake, It didn-t help me stop smoking..
yes and it didnt work for me
just gave me bad headches
and cotton mouth
didn-t help with my smoking, and basically just made me tired and sluggish for about three weeks.....asked my doc to take me off it. Do not try to just to stop taking it. i turned into a maniac.
My sister and dad tried it, both without success. Patches and gum worked much better. Personally I would not try it, if he really wants to quit he can do it without Wellbutrin and its side effects. (which are numerous)
I was on it for 2 weeks and I couldn-t take it any more, it drove me nuts! One minute I was foggy, the next I would have a temper tantrum over any little thing or crying over nothing. The moods were so drastic and I was nausious most of the time. It made me smoke more since I was all over the place with my temperment. I-ve taken other antidepression meds but this was the worse. If your husband acts different it-s not his fault it-s the Wellbutrin talking.
Has anyone tried Wellbutrin to quit smoking? -