How will my body react when I quit smoking cold turkey? -

Sunday, February 18, 2018

How will my body react when I quit smoking cold turkey? -


My smoking is pretty bad. I started in 2004 @ age 19 as a social smoker, now I-m hitting 2 packs a day.

When I quit I want to go to sleep for 8-9 hours so that my body will have a head start on getting it out of my system. BUT, I dread how my body will react. Any idea of what it-ll be like?
The bad feeling and urges will lessen over a period of days. A lot of people chew nicotine gum or wear a nicotine patch to help lessen the problem. If you don-t want to do that, you can chew regular gum and just try to work through the urge to smoke. It will not be very pleasant but a lot of people manage it, so good luck. You will be happy that you quit later on.
It-s a great thing that you-re trying to quit. To be honest you will feel not so great at first, but in the long run you will feel a lot worse if you keep smoking. To ease the quiting cold turkey try the patches or gum. A lot of people find something to focus on when they want to quit and distract their body, like chewing straws, or eating lollipops, etc. Just don-t forget, however bad it gets, you-ll be better off in the end after quiting.
The first two weeks will most likely be hell for you. Fatigue, lack of concentration, ect are all part of it. Give it your all, I am proud of ya!
When smokers try to cut back or quit, the lack of nicotine leads to withdrawal symptoms. Withdrawal is both physical and mental. Physically, the body reacts to the absence of nicotine. Mentally, the smoker is faced with giving up a habit, which calls for a major change in behavior. Both must be addressed in order for the quitting process to work.

If a person has smoked regularly for a few weeks or longer and suddenly stops using tobacco or greatly reduces the amount smoked, they will have withdrawal symptoms. Symptoms usually start within a few hours of the last cigarette and peak about 2 to 3 days later. Withdrawal symptoms can last for a few days to up to several weeks.

Withdrawal symptoms can include any of the following:

* dizziness (which may only last 1-2 days after quitting)
* depression
* feelings of frustration, impatience, and anger
* anxiety
* irritability
* sleep disturbances, including having trouble falling asleep and staying asleep, and having bad dreams or even nightmares
* trouble concentrating
* restlessness
* headaches
* tiredness
* increased appetite


These symptoms can lead the smoker to start smoking cigarettes again to boost blood levels of nicotine back to a level where there are no symptoms.

Smoking also makes your body get rid of certain drugs faster than usual. When you quit smoking, it changes the way your body handles these medicines. Ask your doctor if any medicines you take regularly need to be checked or changed after you quit.
You should fine. I did it when I got pregnant with both of my children. You will be a little more edgy. Maybe have a little more road rage. Just stay busy, and chew gum or twirler-s. I drank a lot of water. Best of luck to you.
How will my body react when I quit smoking cold turkey? -