How long do cravings last when you quit smoking? Why are cravings stronger, the longer youve stopped smoking? -

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

How long do cravings last when you quit smoking? Why are cravings stronger, the longer youve stopped smoking? -


I gave up two years ago, without any patches or gum. The initial cravings lasted for about two weeks and then I suffered again at around six weeks for a few days. Since then I have never looked back. Giving up was one of the best things I ever did.
I quit smoking in March 1999 and have not had one since. My daughter and son still smoke and it does not bother me, I had a heart attack and after what i went thru, i have never ever wanted one. It bothered me when i first quit because my mother in law was smoking. And I said to my husband that either she goes or i do. Well of all things she quit for me. So i chew gum alot, but that is because i get a dry mouth and that helps. If you ever had to go thru heart operation and wake up to all the stuff down your throat. And how you felt for about that and wanting to be with family,that will stop you. And if your family and friends love you enough, they won-t smoke around you until you can handle being around it. Wish you all the luck and will pray for you to quit. Just try and keep yourself business.
why in the world do you even get craving for them?!?! They are not nice things
im sad to say that cravings can still hit you years after you quit. but the good news is that they do diminish in time, and if you are in the UK the smoking ban due this summer should help u out no end!
In my experience, I only ever had the occasionally craving. I found the hardest time to be the first week, and also the thirteenth week.

I have the occasional craving now, but they are so few and far between that they don-t bother me. They are bad at the time, but you just have to remind yourself that it is just a craving and will pass. Sometimes it can be years before the cravings stop.
The first 30 days are the hardest

I quit a 5pack a day habit Still the first 30 days was the worst for me
The nicotine in tobacco is a very strong drug, so you get withdrawl symtoms ,just like any other type of drug, your body is craving the nicotine, this last up to 2/3 weeks. When your body stops craving,stopping smoking is easy.
The best way to stave off cravings is to keep your hands busy, Take up a hobby that involves using your hands constantly
Like crocheting, knitting some type of craft

Going to places where no-one smokes
the cravings in your head [mental] can last awhile ,the physical
caving ,nicotine is out of your body in less than 24 hours it all mental after that. good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They do get less with time I promise you. Addiction to cigarettes has 2 parts, physical and mental. The physical withdrawal only lasts a couple of days. However nicotine sets up complex brain pathways which last for years. They can also be reactivated very quickly, thus a single cigarette can undo months of work.

Statistically the chances of people taking up the weed once more tail off until they reach their lowest ebb after about 2 years.
How long do cravings last when you quit smoking? Why are cravings stronger, the longer youve stopped smoking? -