Has anyone been prescribed Chantix and Wellbutrin to quit smoking? -

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Has anyone been prescribed Chantix and Wellbutrin to quit smoking? -


If so, did you have any side effects? My husband has been taking both of them for a couple weeks and he hasn-t smoked, but he can-t sleep, and now hes starting to get depressed and edgy at different times throughout the day. Does it get better or worse?
Honestly there shouldn-t be any reason for him to be on both drugs if he-s just trying to quit smoking. When I told my doctor I wanted to quit smoking I was giving a choice of the 2 drugs but I went with Chantix since it was designed to help you quit smoking. Wellbutrin is for depression with the added bonus of helping people quit smoking.

I-d honestly question the doctor on this one. There is no reason to take both. Chantix keeps you from having any withdrawal symptoms so there is no reason to add Wellbutrin on top of it unless he has a prior issue with depression or anxiety.

I wish your husband the best of luck! I started taking Chantix back in October (took it for 3 months) and have been smoke free ever since! Only side effects I had were weird dreams, upset stomach, and trouble sleeping. Only the weird dreams lasted longer than the first couple of weeks.
I was prescribed wellbutrin to quite smoking and it made me so dizzy I couldn-t eat and lost almost 10 pounds in a month. I felt awful and just stopped taking them (needless to say I am still smoking). A friend of mine had no side effects whatsoever though so, he should probably talk to his doctor about the side effects though, perhaps just a different dosage or combination could make all the difference...
Not sure why he would be taking both, but wellburtin is sulfur based drug and will upset his stomach and probably have a bad taste in his mouth. It will get better but till he is ready to stop smoking without drugs he is going to be moody. Also if he is depressed I would contact the Dr. ASAP its a side effect of the drug
Has anyone been prescribed Chantix and Wellbutrin to quit smoking? -